prayer warriors (following Jesus Christ, everyone welcome)

It is clear I am, and solely I am, not getting the point. But I try.
Maybe I am just not good in it.
Maybe I am autistic after all.
My brain is just so stupid and I do not get it!
Nooo it’s okay!! I didn’t mean to upset you or be mean at all :( :hugs I am realizing it may have come across that way. :oops:

You are not stupid!! :hugs

The language barrier is probably hard too I am sure. And I think you are taking it in a more literal way.

But you are not stupid! :hugs

It is clear I am, and solely I am, not getting the point. But I try.
Maybe I am just not good in it.
Maybe I am autistic after all.
My brain is just so stupid and I do not get it!
Religion is a complex subject. It isn't easy to understand, and it can take a long time to get your head around it.
I still don't have my head around all of it, and I'll probably still be confused about some things even when I die.
But I understand some of it. Not all, some.
You're not stupid. You're trying to figure it out, and it takes time.

But.. you can?
Forgive me, I haven’t been here in a few days and I’m trying to get back up to speed on our conversations. I think the point of
“Psalm 103:12 KJV
As far as the east is from the west, so far hath he removed our transgressions from us.” and the other verses
is that God has forgiven us. No matter what, He has forgiven us.

However, we don’t like to forgive ourselves. We can hang on to our guilt, and we punish ourselves, even though we are forgiven.

We also don’t like to forgive others. We hang on to that as well. We need to be able to let go of our sins and those of others who have sinned against us. The LORD knows it’s unhealthy for us, and He has already forgotten our sins. He has forgiven us our iniquities, and we should forgive the iniquities of others.

This was done for us by the death and resurrection of Jesus.

Forgive me, I haven’t been here in a few days and I’m trying to get back up to speed on our conversations. I think the point of
“Psalm 103:12 KJV
As far as the east is from the west, so far hath he removed our transgressions from us.” and the other verses
is that God has forgiven us. No matter what, He has forgiven us.

However, we don’t like to forgive ourselves. We can hang on to our guilt, and we punish ourselves, even though we are forgiven.

We also don’t like to forgive others. We hang on to that as well. We need to be able to let go of our sins and those of others who have sinned against us. The LORD knows it’s unhealthy for us, and He has already forgotten our sins. He has forgiven us our iniquities, and we should forgive the iniquities of others.

This was done for us by the death and resurrection of Jesus.
I really need to work on both of these things. :oops:

I am indeed not. I am just pissed,

I am terribaly dissapointed in Christian people.
In my personal life and on here.

Hypocrits. I am 4 months homeless now. With the help of "domestic abuse hotline" social workers and police. This disecion.. to get away from this aggresive crimal.. I knew it would make me homeless. I had to quit my job because he knew I worked there. I have to move far far away. I did. But his hells angels found me. So I had to leave again. And NO he never told me. The opposit. Per accident, due to my work with homeless, I learned what criminal stuff he was in to. So I planned to leave.

And I am butthurt that my Puritan Christian friend dumped me because she does not believe I am homeless; I make it up? She activaly messaged me that she blocked me? While I have volunteered to do yard sales for her church to help the homeless?

And here I get the sam help; versus and "it is just Satan" But actual help? Nope.

And I did found Jesus. A stranger that let me live in her house instead of getting raped; because that is what Jesus would do. But where ar you all at?

There is 1 person who donated over here. An absurd amount. And it is spent well. And he will get it back. No such deed will be unremembered. If I am on track I WILL give 5 dollars a month to people who need it; why 5 dollars? Because after bieing homeless my university degress are not worth shit. But then if I make more.. I still be poor. What use is money if you can not share it. I have morals. But where are you guys?

Caring about people?

Did a section of Bible study tonight with the men’s ministry on the prodigal son. At the end of the parable, we don’t know what the older son did after his discussion with his father. Did he forgive his younger brother and go celebrate with him? Did he hold on to the resentment for both his younger brother and his father? We are called to forgive and be graceful to others.

Remember the prodigal son is a parable. Like most stories no one knows what happens beyond the end of the story.
I personally believe that the older son listened to his father. He has been an obedient son to this point. His father has reminded him that he had given both sons their inheritance money back when the younger had left home. In the long run, the prodigal son has nothing for his future but he, the eldest son, has what he was given plus since he is the eldest he will traditionally inherit everything the father has acquired and owns since the day he had given his sons their inheritances. So the older son joined the festivities
But that’s the way I like to believe the story continued.

I am indeed not. I am just pissed,

I am terribaly dissapointed in Christian people.
In my personal life and on here.

Hypocrits. I am 4 months homeless now. With the help of "domestic abuse hotline" social workers and police. This disecion.. to get away from this aggresive crimal.. I knew it would make me homeless. I had to quit my job because he knew I worked there. I have to move far far away. I did. But his hells angels found me. So I had to leave again. And NO he never told me. The opposit. Per accident, due to my work with homeless, I learned what criminal stuff he was in to. So I planned to leave.

And I am butthurt that my Puritan Christian friend dumped me because she does not believe I am homeless; I make it up? She activaly messaged me that she blocked me? While I have volunteered to do yard sales for her church to help the homeless?

And here I get the sam help; versus and "it is just Satan" But actual help? Nope.

And I did found Jesus. A stranger that let me live in her house instead of getting raped; because that is what Jesus would do. But where ar you all at?

There is 1 person who donated over here. An absurd amount. And it is spent well. And he will get it back. No such deed will be unremembered. If I am on track I WILL give 5 dollars a month to people who need it; why 5 dollars? Because after bieing homeless my university degress are not worth shit. But then if I make more.. I still be poor. What use is money if you can not share it. I have morals. But where are you guys?

Caring about people?
I'm so sorry you were let down by Christians, or those who claim to be following Christ. I, too, have been let down by those who claim to be Christians, and I, as a Christian, keep asking difficult questions like, "are they really saved?" and "have they lost their salvation?" and "how can Christians screw up so much?" I do not know the answers to the first two, but I do know the answer to the third. We're still people, still sinners, yes, we have the holy spirit, but we don't listen to him that much, not nearly enough, and instead we listen to our sinful flesh that's still in us. Being a Christian is a struggle inside, because you have God inside you, and then you have you, and God doesn't always win that inside battle, thus we still sin. There's also those who claim to be saved and follow Jesus, or claim their works saved them, but who, like the Pharisees of old, do not know God at all. It's hard to judge who is a sinning fallen Christian and who is a pharisee religious person, but I know that God exists despite all of this. He has proven himself to me time and time again, and I know he will do it again, despite my screw-ups and the sins of others, even my fellow brothers and sisters in Christ.

Remember the prodigal son is a parable. Like most stories no one knows what happens beyond the end of the story.
I personally believe that the older son listened to his father. He has been an obedient son to this point. His father has reminded him that he had given both sons their inheritance money back when the younger had left home. In the long run, the prodigal son has nothing for his future but he, the eldest son, has what he was given plus since he is the eldest he will traditionally inherit everything the father has acquired and owns since the day he had given his sons their inheritances. So the older son joined the festivities
But that’s the way I like to believe the story continued.
You're right that it was a parable, a story, and that's why your interpretation is absurd. The story was told for a certain purpose. It was told to mean a certain thing. It's a story, though I have a livid imagination and like to imagine things going on in that story world after the story, in truth there is nothing else to the story but what the story-teller puts in it. Jesus meant for it to be a story of absurd grace, a parralel to God's saving us through his amazing grace despite us being dirty sinners who have done nothing right. The older son in the story is like the Pharisees, people of other religions that have strict religious laws to follow in order to obtain salvation, the "Christian" religious who think they can please God by good works or going to church, ect. All these people believe that because they work for God they'll get to go to Heaven, that is not the case. It doesn't matter how much you "do for God" you're still a sinner. You need to realize how stupid you've been and how wreched you are, like the prodigal son did in the parable. That's the true interpretation of this parable. The older son didn't end up getting anything in the end, because he thought himself self-righteous and didn't love his brother, even if his brother was, in his opinion, a good-for-nothing. Christians should love good-for-nothings, cause we were just like them, and we still are suceptable to failing and sining.

Back
Top Bottom