prayers for my FIL

Livinzoo

Songster
13 Years
Mar 2, 2008
Statham, GA
His blood pressure dropped and his oxygen Saturation was too low so he went to the hospital Friday. Well, kidneys functioning less than 50%, emphysema, and fluid around his heart. So not good. Than they find that he isn't exhaling enough CO2 so it is poisoning him. They had him wear a mask that helped him breath. It got better. He doesn't like the mask and has decided to refuse treatment. So he is now home and expected to die from CO2 buildup in the next few days.

He has agreed to a family friend to see another dr tomorrow and his biggest hold up is he doesn't want that mask. I hope there is another way, but I really don't think there is.....

Prayers for you and your family. My FIL has emphysema too. He gave us a bad scare about 1 1/2 yr ago. It is hard to watch someone go through that. Lots of hugs and prayers.

Prayers sent.
hugs.gif

Prayers to you and your family.
hugs.gif
hugs.gif

It is so hard to know what the best choice is for someone else. They really have to make that decision on their own. I know that I would wear a mask or whatever it took to keep living. On the other hand, my mother - who had been very ill for many years- gave up at age 69. So you need to honor your FIL's decision and help you and your family spend as much time with him as possible in the next days or weeks. You won't regret the time.

Much Love
Cindy

Back
Top Bottom