1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Prayers needed...update, she's gone.

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by kbarrett, Jul 31, 2008.

1. kbarrett

kbarrett Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 12, 2007
    PA
    Please say a prayer for my grandmother. About a month ago she exhibited sypmtoms associated with a stroke, during testing they discovered a bad valve in her heart. Thankfully they found no evidence of stroke but she had blockage a few of her veins. She went for her pre surgery dye test today and I'm still a little fuzzy on the details but from what I gathered the end of the test went very badly and when removing the needle/ catheter from her leg the vein collapsed and she lost circulation to the leg. She had emergency surgery to repair it and is stable now. I really worry whether she'll be even able to have the valve repaired....the prognosis is not good if she doesn't have the surgery. She's 88 but very active..you should see her garden! I'm just very concerned and would appreciate some good wishes for her and my grandfather. He'll be 93 in Oct. and would be absolutely devestated if something happened to her.
    Thank You.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2008
  2. s6bee

s6bee Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2007
    Western, NY
    Prayers sent

3. kellim

kellim Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 19, 2008
    SC, GA Border
    Prayers coming your way.

4. karanleaf

karanleaf Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 29, 2008
    Glenwood, Missouri
    [​IMG] We will keep an extra prayer in our hearts for her and your family [​IMG]

5. conny63malies

conny63malies Overrun With Chickens

Mar 22, 2008
    Annetta Kentucky
    add me in , prayers sent

6. silkieluver_07

silkieluver_07 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    [​IMG] I will keep you and your family in my prayers. :aww

7. ilovemychickies

ilovemychickies Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] You and your family are in my prayers as well. I hope that she feels better soon! [​IMG]

8. kbarrett

kbarrett Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 12, 2007
    PA
    My grandmother's open heart surgery is set for tomorrow am. It's been a difficult week getting things organized such as care for my grandfather & nursing care for when she comes home. My DS & I have had a flu bug since last week so I haven't even been able to go see her....that really stinks.

She's more concerned that I take care of her garden than the actual surgery [​IMG]

Thanks for the support everyone!!!

9. miss_jayne

miss_jayne Lady_Jayne

Jun 26, 2008
    Columbiaville, MI
    Father God, thank You for being bigger than medical issues and surgery! i ask that you touch this lady and give her peace. guide the doctors; give them wisdom and discernment. thank You Lord for loving us enough to provide for us all the time. give this whole family comfort and wrap Your pinions about them. i ask and believe all these things in Jesus' most holy name! amen!!!

bless your grandmother and your family. i will be praying for the strength to get through the situation with JOY! peace that passes understanding and quick recovery![​IMG]

10. cluckychick

cluckychick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2008
    South of KCMO
    I pray your grandmother does well and she has a fast recoup. time. She will do well knowing she has something she has to get well for, I'm sure she has a lovely garden.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by