Pre-Madonna Chickens anonymous

Do you have a Hen or Rooster with a problem? Are they a Pre-Madonna?
Then feel free to talk about it and share your Queen of the hutch's issues, and your King of the Roost's problem. No names or identity's have to be reveled, to keep your pre-Madonna hen/roo feeling safe and comfortable as you discuss them and there problems with the residents of BYC.

Let me start off...
I WhiteWinterWolf have a Pre-Madonna Silkie Hen named Winter. She is White and fluffy and almost 8 months old.
She had been living inside for about a month in a half with my other two Silkies, Stella and Snow, due to the fact that we had to get them a new chicken coop to keep them separated from the larger hens. Well, there coop finally arrived, we painted it a beautiful red color to accentuate Winter's beautiful white feathers. We put up the fencing, chose the lushest grass in the yard, and only the best pea-stone for her feat to tread on. We fortified the hutch, making it safe from predators, and then kindly introduced the silkies and Winter to there new outside home.
Winter...did not move from the spot that i put her for exactly an hour and 20 minuets. I immediately went over to see what was wrong, worried that I had possibly hurt her or something during the move.
Nope...as soon as I gave her a gentle nudge, she screamed like she had been attacked and flapped and fluttered all the way into the coop, fell ungracefully onto the grass as she tried to climb the ramp, and then flopped and flapped all over the the grass. I gently grabbed her and checked her over, to find absolutely nothing wrong with her. I put her back down onto the grass, only to have her flapping and flopping all over the place yet again. Out of fear of her hurting herself I placed her into the sawdust and straw filled coop, to have her stand there with a look of absolute horror on her face, that I had dared to put her precious feet on the unworthy grass below the hutch.
She squawked and screamed at me the whole time until I finally put her blanket into one of the nesting box's. She curled up in it and peeped indignantly, and after about a half hour she finely decided that the grass was worthy enough for her little feet to walk on.
My silke, Winter, is a Pre-Madonna hen who thinks that grass is unworthy of her feet.

Now, its your turn! Who's brave enough to go first?
big_smile.png
*this was posted for humors sake, honestly XD Come on guys lets hear about your pre-Madonna's I know there out there!*

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh my goodness, what a DIVA. I've never had a hen be that tetchy. I hope she recovered from the horror that you inflicted upon her.
tongue.png

Quote:
Goodlord I felt like an idiot sticking her blanket in the coop, but the little pre-Madonna would not settle! I cant be the only person with a diva for a hen T_T

I have pre-madonna at my house too. She is a BA named Scramble and she is 21 weeks old. She has her morning routine of going into the nest boxes, kicking all of the bedding out of them, kicking the golf ball out of it and then finally set herself down to ATTEMPT to lay her morning egg. Then, she will stand up, empty out all the other nest boxes, check on whoever else that happens to be laying in a nest box, go back in a nest box and again, ATTEMPT to lay an egg. So after all of this you would think she would be ready to lay her egg, right? Oh no, now she will get up once again and terrorize everyone else in the coop. Like today for example, there happened to be another chicken on the ramp of the coop, she ran out of the nest box, ran at the chicken knocking the poor chicken off the ramp and walked gracefully back to her nest box to lay her morning egg. And now, she will lay her egg. Then, she lets out a big loud scream once she is done laying her egg and puts a big huge peck in it because she knows, if she pecks her egg nobody else will be able to enjoy it. But instead we will put the broken egg in the microwave and once it is cooked will walk it out to her so that she can enjoy it herself.
roll.png

I have 2 Siilkies, both are thhe utmost Primas. They squalk if the nest box is taken. They protest loudly when someone kicks them out of THEIR nest box and they sing triumphantly when they lay an egg, as if nobody else has done suc an amzing thing before. On top of it, the brown silkie, Skeksies, is a vicious protector of her nest eggs, drawing blood when she is broody or hatching eggs.
I took a video of one time my Gray silkie got kicked off the nest. She was screaming her head off at the injustice of it all, and in between squalks, she would take a drink, or a bite to eat, and then go right on complaining, loudly, while the others just looked at her like she was insane and just kept on doing what chickens do.

My OEGB will folllow me around and squeal until I pick her up and pet her.

Those silkies are total brats, every time. Not only that, but they have taught my Birchen Cochin the ropes and she also screams and runs around flapping wildly when anyone she deems unworthy comes near her (aka the Dogs).

Never a dull moment with bantams in the flock.

Last edited:
sunny & the 5 egg layers :

I have pre-madonna at my house too. She is a BA named Scramble and she is 21 weeks old. She has her morning routine of going into the nest boxes, kicking all of the bedding out of them, kicking the golf ball out of it and then finally set herself down to ATTEMPT to lay her morning egg. Then, she will stand up, empty out all the other nest boxes, check on whoever else that happens to be laying in a nest box, go back in a nest box and again, ATTEMPT to lay an egg. So after all of this you would think she would be ready to lay her egg, right? Oh no, now she will get up once again and terrorize everyone else in the coop. Like today for example, there happened to be another chicken on the ramp of the coop, she ran out of the nest box, ran at the chicken knocking the poor chicken off the ramp and walked gracefully back to her nest box to lay her morning egg. And now, she will lay her egg. Then, she lets out a big loud scream once she is done laying her egg and puts a big huge peck in it because she knows, if she pecks her egg nobody else will be able to enjoy it. But instead we will put the broken egg in the microwave and once it is cooked will walk it out to her so that she can enjoy it herself.
roll.png

Oh goodness, that is bad XD She knows she gets a treat for pecking her own eggs! Smart girl
big_smile.png

Quote:
It has to just be the breed, the silkies are such pre-Madonna's XD
Or its just the Bantom breeds! XD

Quote:
Have you uploaded your video of your Gray Silkie? Sounds hilarious! I love cranky silkies, love love love them.

Oh god you have no idea! She was such a pre-madona that it made me worried she wouldn't walk on the grass at all!
Even to this day she refuses to exit the coop unless I nudge her out XD

Back
Top Bottom