Pre-Spring Mixed Orp Eggs ~Lavender~Isabel~B/B/S~Split~ 10+

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by ChooksChick, Mar 1, 2011.

1. ChooksChick

ChooksChick BeakHouse's Mad Chicken Scientist

Aug 17, 2008
    Larry, KS
    My Coop
    I'm relisting!

Here are a few shots of one of my blue pullets just growing into her 14th week. I love the lacing my blues get. Sorry about the quality of the shots, as they're from my phone and the sun was setting, which harshified everything! She is still leggy and a skinny pre-teen, but I expect she'll get to be gorgeous like the rest.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Next to one of the Silkied Ameraucanas

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The following is a porcelain d'Uccle, who is young enough to have very little white showing at the tips of his feathers, so imagine this coloring on an Orp, and you'll understand what Isabel will look like.

[​IMG]

>>

This pen is mixed for the Winter and as I separate, I'll sell eggs since their production has picked up. Some of the pics show birds other than Orps, but those are older pics, and these have been Orps only for months. My birds are big, heavy, friendly, productive layers, and we select for size, shape and temperament. The color projects will be separated in March.

We have 6 Isabel F1s, which will produce either an incomplete Gold-Laced Split to Lavender or Isabels. We have Lavenders, Blue, Splash, and Lavender Split. All eggs will be split to or showing Lavender. These are housed together. I will provide 8+ fresh eggs, based on what they give me. The previous winners each got 12.

Because this is a mixed pen, I'm starting the eggs low, but keeping the auction short, so keep an eye on it!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

<<

Last edited: Mar 2, 2011
  2. Buck Creek Chickens

Buck Creek Chickens Have Incubator, Will Hatch

Nov 26, 2008
    Neenah, WI
    you do realize your d'Uccle is a booted right, a very beautiful booted, but a booted

Last edited: Mar 2, 2011
  3. ChooksChick

Aug 17, 2008
    Larry, KS
    My Coop
    Quote:...actually, he's the favorite cockerel and the ladies pluck his beard...it used to be huge and dangled down his chest...but then the girls thought they needed to see him clean-shaven.

I wondered if I'd catch flack about that when I posted the pic- shows there are always folks on their toes on BYC! I love you guys!

4. Buck Creek Chickens

Nov 26, 2008
    Neenah, WI
    Quote:...actually, he's the favorite cockerel and the ladies pluck his beard...it used to be huge and dangled down his chest...but then the girls thought they needed to see him clean-shaven.

I wondered if I'd catch flack about that when I posted the pic- shows there are always folks on their toes on BYC! I love you guys!

wow because his stance is just like my booteds, not my d'Uccles, that's why I figured he was a booted, He's still beautiful

5. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    That's a booted, not a D'Uccle. If he were bearded, he would have a decent sized, showy dewlap and hardly any wattles if none at all. Plus, his hackles would be very full of volume! [​IMG]

LOVE the Lav in the main photo. Best looking Lavender Orpington pullet I've ever seen.

6. ChooksChick

Aug 17, 2008
    Larry, KS
    My Coop
    Quote:I swear- they're all d'Uccles! You can see his girls' beards behind him- they aren't yet point of lay, so that's why the appearance isn't right- I'll dig up some shots before they plucked him. I keep lots of different d'Uccles, and understand what you mean, but he's right, just young.

...and I'm honored to hear your opinion of my Lav girls. I have been improving like mad, and I think the work is really starting to show.

I'll give these tired photos a rest and get some new shots taken so folks can see how nicely everyone is looking these days. [​IMG]

7. Buck Creek Chickens

Nov 26, 2008
    Neenah, WI
    how many isabel, does it look like you might send?

8. ChooksChick

Aug 17, 2008
    Larry, KS
    My Coop
    Quote:I am getting about 4 or 5 Isabel eggs daily. I can't tell them from the others, but know they are the newest layers, so the smaller eggs are generally theirs.

This means you'll likely get 6 or 7, as I'm getting ~10 eggs from that coop daily.

9. Elly_Mae

Elly_Mae In the Brooder

Oct 3, 2010
    Suwannee County, FL
    Quote:I am getting about 4 or 5 Isabel eggs daily. I can't tell them from the others, but know they are the newest layers, so the smaller eggs are generally theirs.

This means you'll likely get 6 or 7, as I'm getting ~10 eggs from that coop daily.

So I should be seeing somewhere around a dozen of those? [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. ChooksChick

Aug 17, 2008
    Larry, KS
    My Coop

So I should be seeing somewhere around a dozen of those? [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Yep! I think I got a Lav Mottled in this last hatch...waiting for it to fluff up!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: