Predator Attack. Survivor with Some wounds. Tips to keep healthy and comfy.

6RandomBrownLayers

Chirping
8 Years
Nov 23, 2011
I have lost 5 birds in two weeks and thought I had lost another until she showed up this morning. There were feathers leading across the road and it wasn't looking good. Then this morning I see her in front of the coop waiting to go in. I was so relieved. She has a couple small wounds on her back that scabbed over and don't look infected. She is missing some feathers on her back and stomach. I was wondering if there is anything I should do to prevent infection and keep her safe? Will the other chickens peck at her as the feathers grow back? Will the feathers grow back? Will she lay again due to all the stress? Thanks for any help

I have lost 5 birds in two weeks and thought I had lost another until she showed up this morning. There were feathers leading across the road and it wasn't looking good.
Then this morning I see her in front of the coop waiting to go in. I was so relieved.
She has a couple small wounds on her back that scabbed over and don't look infected.
She is missing some feathers on her back and stomach.
I was wondering if there is anything I should do to prevent infection and keep her safe? (Be ready to separate her, I think there is a would care guide somewhere on BYC)
Will the other chickens peck at her as the feathers grow back? (Maybe, mine do on some girls but on others, keep your eye on it, be ready to seperate her.)
Will the feathers grow back? (yes, but it will take forever)
Will she lay again due to all the stress? (maybe not right away maybe today but not the next couple days or weeks.)
Thanks for any help

Of course whatever is eating your chickens may come back for her...

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom