Predator eyes saddle apron for rooster

Lol, if you deck your roo out in that dog vest, don't be surprised if one of your hens starts sporting skin-tight black leather pants, popping bubble gum and singing "Hopelessly Devoted to You" from the musical "Grease!" :lau:lau:lau The hawks will die laughing!
I can name the leather clad hen Sandra Dee, call her "Sandy".

You can put spikes on the saddle. They make these for dogs.
lead_720_405.jpg
:lau
That dog looks like he wants to say "Just feed me to the coyotes. That would be better then looking like this"

I like the spikes, but BLACK. BLACK leather. Poor rooster wouldn’t need the hawk to dispatch him; he’d just die of humiliation. Actual leather, btw... that really might deter a hawk, or at least resist the talons. What about a coat featuring the snarling mouth of a tiger! Or a bear... or maybe the business end of a shotgun? If you made it a double barreled shotgun, it wouldn’t be far from looking like sinister eyes...

Seriously though, I think I’d be more inclined toward a seasonal camouflage pattern. You could give it little fringes all over like a ghillie suit. Now all you have to do is convince the hens they ought to submit to carryin’ his babies. Okay I’m getting out of hand again... this is just too much fun. I really do think camo would be most likely to give you value for dollars. He’s so white, he really stands out (unless it’s snowy). Camo might help with that.

Cover can also help... trees, bushes, picnic tables, big plastic play equipment, yard ornaments. Anything to hide behind or confuse the landscape and confuse/obstruct the raptor’s field of vision.

I'm trying to find a saddle apron for a BIG white elephant, I mean rooster! I saw one somewhere that was made with material that looked like huge owl eyes. Now I can't find it again. If any of y'all have seen such a thing please let me know. I'm hoping the young rooster wouldn't be too embarrassed to wear it as long as it keeps him alive.
What a neat idea! You might just paint/sharpie eyes on instead of an apron?!!

I like the spikes, but BLACK. BLACK leather. Poor rooster wouldn’t need the hawk to dispatch him; he’d just die of humiliation. Actual leather, btw... that really might deter a hawk, or at least resist the talons. What about a coat featuring the snarling mouth of a tiger! Or a bear... or maybe the business end of a shotgun? If you made it a double barreled shotgun, it wouldn’t be far from looking like sinister eyes...

Seriously though, I think I’d be more inclined toward a seasonal camouflage pattern. You could give it little fringes all over like a ghillie suit. Now all you have to do is convince the hens they ought to submit to carryin’ his babies. Okay I’m getting out of hand again... this is just too much fun. I really do think camo would be most likely to give you value for dollars. He’s so white, he really stands out (unless it’s snowy). Camo might help with that.

Cover can also help... trees, bushes, picnic tables, big plastic play equipment, yard ornaments. Anything to hide behind or confuse the landscape and confuse/obstruct the raptor’s field of vision.
There is alot of cover, they tend to run from barn to porch to woods & back again multiple times throughout the day. I do like the camo idea too. A saddle apron made out of suede leather (like chaps) would be too cute too.
Just adopt a guard-Chihuahua that wears a spiky jacket...
:thOh, yeah?! I feel safer already then.

Back
Top Bottom