Predator eyes saddle apron for rooster

I like your Estwing! With your beheading kit I might not need my 3' long, double-bladed axe. Talk about overkill! :lau:lau:lau

You know my primary purpose here is comic relief, right? :oops:
I'd cut my own foot off if I had to handle an axe or splitting maul.
That's why I needed a beheading station with a head/neck holder so I can keep all my fingers.
I would be a danger to myself with axe or hatchet. :oops:
Poultry shears work incredibly well for beheadings & cullings. Start out with a pair of scissors before upgrading to other or sharper methods. QUACK quack waddle waddle!
20191213_160130.jpg

My biggest adventure in butchering so far was processing my three BBW turkeys... I wanted to use a .22 pistol but DH freaked out, said it would ricochet and hit me in the face. :idunno I’m not gonna do broad-breasted again. I’m actually not worried about the heritage toms but I don’t think the shears I have will work on them.

I’m done with the whole bleeding out thing, though. That takes way too long. It’s not hard to take the head off quickly with a sharp knife, but trying to restrain those huge turkeys in a feed sack “cone” was awful. Not doing that again, either. I’ll put them in after, to hopefully bleed out mostly.

My biggest adventure in butchering so far was processing my three BBW turkeys... I wanted to use a .22 pistol but DH freaked out, said it would ricochet and hit me in the face. :idunno I’m not gonna do broad-breasted again. I’m actually not worried about the heritage toms but I don’t think the shears I have will work on them.
I’m done with the whole bleeding out thing, though. That takes way too long. It’s not hard to take the head off quickly with a sharp knife, but trying to restrain those huge turkeys in a feed sack “cone” was awful. Not doing that again, either. I’ll put them in after, to hopefully bleed out mostly.
I know what ya mean!
It was not a homesteaders wife's picnic trying to hack at that crested ducks neck with a hatchet either. I think my chainsaw would've worked quicker (maybe bloodier). Those duck necks are so freaking thick & muscular, I think there's gotta be a better way than what I did. I just hung him from the gallows by his feet after his beheading.

I'm not very strong but I want the job done in a single whack. Is why I got the gigantic axe. Next time we do this we will anchor the head and DH will hold the feet. I am a big believer in efficiency! Please ship one Beheading Kit, including stump! :lau:lau:lau

I'm not very strong but I want the job done in a single whack. Is why I got the gigantic axe. Next time we do this we will anchor the head and DH will hold the feet. I am a big believer in efficiency! Please ship one Beheading Kit, including stump! :lau:lau:lau
:highfive:Amen, sister!!!!
I'm awaiting the arrival of my upgraded beheading pedestal myself!
I already have the BIGBIRD "kit" to be installed upon arrival. I've got alterations to make to the "kit" for HUGE neck birds before I kill my 10 pound pekin.
:th

Wonder where @R2elk ordered his "Beheading Pedestal" from.....:confused:

:highfive:Amen, sister!!!!
I'm awaiting the arrival of my upgraded beheading pedestal myself!
I already have the BIGBIRD "kit" to be installed upon arrival. I've got alterations to make to the "kit" for HUGE neck birds before I kill my 10 pound pekin.
:th

Wonder where @R2elk ordered his "Beheading Pedestal" from.....:confused:
It is just an 8"x8"x14" piece of a beam that was found in a scrap pile. I added the banding after it split from hitting in the same spot one too many times.

That chopping block looks to me to be the sort of thing one ends up owning simply by having been farming/livestock-keeping for a long time and keeping one’s eyes open. :oops:

Planning a cone-holder in my head ATM. I think y’all have hit it though, that the actual dispatchment is more mercifully done on the ground/stump/etc, before hanging for exsanguination.

Back
Top Bottom