Predator proofing new coop

I vote wood over the wire. It is very secure that way. The big fender washers end up costing about the sane as the amount of wood you would need anyway.
I just finished re-digging a wider trench, added concrete and bought some wood to screw in over the hardware cloth. Can't do another thing today tho. I'm spent. I'll get the wood on tomorrow and finish filling in the trench with the dirt I took out. Thinking of planting some marigolds around. May as well. 😄
I really appreciate all the advice today it helped me a lot! 💖

You were off to a pretty awesome start and adding the suggestions is exhausting but so rewarding. Boast and post pics of continued progress. Your doing great!

I just finished re-digging a wider trench, added concrete and bought some wood to screw in over the hardware cloth. Can't do another thing today tho. I'm spent. I'll get the wood on tomorrow and finish filling in the trench with the dirt I took out. Thinking of planting some marigolds around. May as well. 😄
I really appreciate all the advice today it helped me a lot! 💖
NICE!!! I think your coop and safe and adorable! I added another little "baby run" alongside my original run recently and when I went to dig down for the new "foundation," I hit the concrete with my shovel and said to myself "OH YEAH, I built this dang thing bomb proof!"

Coop and run are finally complete for now. I have netting to put up but I'm waiting for help for that. Hopefully tomorrow. I'm pretty happy with it for now.
20200530_115834.jpg
20200530_115818.jpg

Back
Top Bottom