Predator took all 5 hens last night! I feel horrible!

Pics
I was there at her place about 2 weeks ago, did not visit Kosta's, and saw her setup. She is super nice as you say. Her accent was so pleasant to listen to, I could have talked to her for hours, but I had to get back home. Her birds are beautiful. Do you have pics of your nephews bird now?
I have a couple from 5/18/19 when we first got them. They are a Buff Orpington, Barred Rock, Dominique, Red Sex Link and an Easter Egger. I'll try to get a couple of them as they look now.

Wyatt's first Chickens # 3 (5-18-19).jpg

Attachments

• Wyatt's first Chickens # 4 (5-18-19).jpg
    Wyatt's first Chickens # 4 (5-18-19).jpg
    512.7 KB · Views: 1
Ooh, snow there?, How are your babies liking the snow?
Talking to me? That Pic of my Barred Rocks was taken in December. Grass is showing here now, though we did have flurries this morning. GC
20200202_053925_resized.jpg

ETA; my hens don't like walking on snow. I have to shovel their pens and use the snowblower to make a path around the yard when I let them free range an hour before sunset.

Last edited:
Hi Everyone, thank you to everyone at this forum as you have all been so helpful! Every night I have a routine which includes checking on my 5 hens and closing their hutch door. I have done this for 5 years. Last night I am assuming I forgot as I noted the main door open this AM. All of my chickens are gone. There are no bodies, bones, etc. - just piles of feathers. I live in town with 2 sides of 8 foot fence and 2 sides of 4 foot fence. Hawks have been my daytime issues in the past as I lost one of my birds two years ago to a hawk in the daylight. I feel horribly guilty. Does anyone know what predator, in a southeastern PA town would just leave feathers overnight, be able to kill 5 birds, and leave nothing more? There are no gaps in the fence bottom and I have 3 dogs who use my yard to run and play....thank you for any information. I truly appreciate it!
Hi there! And know the feeling of losing hens like this. My husband and I have had similar happen with our hens,ducks,geese. Some have just vanished also and the same as yours:hitDo you mind if I show my husband the photos as he more than likely can give you an idea what it was. He is a hunter and a very good one. We have cattle and sheep also and some of them have been attacked cruelly. My husband is out hunting and watching when he can and it is so heart wrenching. We keep going though and hope you get some more hens and many blessings.

Hi there! And know the feeling of losing hens like this. My husband and I have had similar happen with our hens,ducks,geese. Some have just vanished also and the same as yours:hitDo you mind if I show my husband the photos as he more than likely can give you an idea what it was. He is a hunter and a very good one. We have cattle and sheep also and some of them have been attacked cruelly. My husband is out hunting and watching when he can and it is so heart wrenching. We keep going though and hope you get some more hens and many blessings.
I am sorry for your losses as well. I don't mind at all about you showing the photos, any and all input is very much appreciated. I have such guilt coupled with lack of closure. Thank you for the kind words ❤❤

Hi Everyone, thank you to everyone at this forum as you have all been so helpful! Every night I have a routine which includes checking on my 5 hens and closing their hutch door. I have done this for 5 years. Last night I am assuming I forgot as I noted the main door open this AM. All of my chickens are gone. There are no bodies, bones, etc. - just piles of feathers. I live in town with 2 sides of 8 foot fence and 2 sides of 4 foot fence. Hawks have been my daytime issues in the past as I lost one of my birds two years ago to a hawk in the daylight. I feel horribly guilty. Does anyone know what predator, in a southeastern PA town would just leave feathers overnight, be able to kill 5 birds, and leave nothing more? There are no gaps in the fence bottom and I have 3 dogs who use my yard to run and play....thank you for any information. I truly appreciate it!
I am so sorry for your loss.

Back
Top Bottom