Predator Worries while Traveling

I was looking at your setup, and I think a wire at the top of the fence would discourage climbers. Bait that with peanut butter, also. No need to criss-cross over the entire run.

There will be TWO wires coming from the charger ... one will go to the ground rod you will pound into the ground ... hook an addional wire to the ground rod, and hook it to the hardware cloth ...

The second wire will be "hot" ... that is the wire you hook to the actual new fence wire that are held in insulators ...

A critter, or person completes the circuit between the two, when they touch the "hot" wire, and received the "ZAP"!

OK, thanks. So the hardware cloth provides additional grounding?(And it won't be hot.) Thanks for your help

I was looking at your setup, and I think a wire at the top of the fence would discourage climbers. Bait that with peanut butter, also. No need to criss-cross over the entire run.

I wish I could, but it isn't my fence and the neighbors who own it are in the process of trying to sell the house. They don't even want me to plant a pretty climbing vine for privacy until they have found a buyer--in case the new owner doesn't want it. (Doesn't make sense to me--my yard is functional and full of kids and their toys, it is not particularly scenic. I think they'd have a better chance of selling if they let me plant some pretty climbing vines!) There is no way they would approve a line of electric fencing. Thanks, though

Edit: I think I've got an idea. I can run a higher wire between the fence and the run. That should do it, right?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom