Pregnant dog??

Pics
It looks like a kind of collie!
Shelties look very much like Collies. Shape of head is different and they are much smaller, a little less than knee high. Some people do call them miniature Collies or miniature Lassies, lol, but we will stick our noses in the air and say they are NOT Collies, humph! 🤣

Pardon me for this off-topic comment but I just have to say Sammy and my other, older Sheltie are great with the chickens and keep coyotes away so we can free-range our birds. :love

Congrats! I have great pyr mixes, and they had their second litter together two weeks ago. They are a lot of work but also a TON of fun!! We have started doing ENS with the puppies and plan to do puppy culture with all future puppies. We sell them for 400-450 right now. And they go to their new homes when they are seven weeks right now, but we are thinking about moving that up. We also have started giving them a 6 way puppy shot. I know a lot of people sell pure great pyr's for 5,000-10,000 each. but, mine are not pure.

There is a way to tell when she will go into labor. I did it with my boxer about 10 years ago. It involves taking her temperature every morning. She will have a sharp drop in her body temp. (Not sure of the exact temps, but I'm sure you can look them up). When her temp drops, she will go into labor that day.
the lower 90s is what it drops too. this worked both times with our litters the normal temp is around 101 I think

Congrats! I have great pyr mixes, and they had their second litter together two weeks ago. They are a lot of work but also a TON of fun!! We have started doing ENS with the puppies and plan to do puppy culture with all future puppies. We sell them for 400-450 right now. And they go to their new homes when they are seven weeks right now, but we are thinking about moving that up. We also have started giving them a 6 way puppy shot. I know a lot of people sell pure great pyr's for 5,000-10,000 each. but, mine are not pure.
Puppies need to stay with their litter and dam AT LEAST until 7 weeks old for proper socialization. Please do not sell them any earlier than that! They may be able to eat solid food earlier than that, but they NEED the development they get from interacting with theif mother and other puppies.

Puppies need to stay with their litter and dam AT LEAST until 7 weeks old for proper socialization. Please do not sell them any earlier than that! They may be able to eat solid food earlier than that, but they NEED the development they get from interacting with theif mother and other puppies.
I ment moving up like they will be with us longer sorry for the miss understanding

Back
Top Bottom