Pregnant dog??

Pics
as for getting rid of them I would show up to a tractor supply or Walmart and make a sign lots of people would be interested i would imagine
Lol, reminds me of an ad Reader's Digest quoted once: six adorable puppies and one homely one, free to good homes. Apparently they never did place any of the adorable pups, but the homely one got given away seven times! 🤣

Um..... I'm going to say that I was in a similar situation as OP, many, many years ago. I planned to spay my dog at six months and she got pregnant at four or five months. I was shocked to say the least. I practically never let her out into our fenced city yard unattended for a good three weeks. I never saw a male dog around. Well, surprise! She whelped six puppies if I remember correctly. They all ended up at the local shelter. But she certainly did not bleed to death! Nature does what nature does. Yes, it probably was not good for her, as she was not fully mature. It may have pulled calcium from her bones. But you guys are fear-mongering to say this dog is going to die.

To OP: please follow your heart. Confer with your vet as to how to keep mother and pups healthy and strong. I'm sure you'll all be fine. And please, as soon as your vet recommends, do spay your dear girl.
I agree wholeheartedly. Very true.:clap

There is a way to tell when she will go into labor. I did it with my boxer about 10 years ago. It involves taking her temperature every morning. She will have a sharp drop in her body temp. (Not sure of the exact temps, but I'm sure you can look them up). When her temp drops, she will go into labor that day.

If a five month old dog does fine, my nine month old will probably do fine too. It’s definitely not selfish and she’s probably not going to die bleeding to death. If anything goes wrong, I’ll call a vet. There are many people who would want one. These unborn puppies deserve a chance to live. She’s not that young. Dogs are sexually mature at six months and she’s nine months. And yes, I’m definitely getting them both fixed after.

Last edited:
If a five month old dog does fine, my nine month old will probably do fine too. It’s definitely not selfish and she’s probably not going to die bleeding to death. If anything goes wrong, I’ll call a vet. There are many people who would want one. These unborn puppies deserve a chance to live. And yes, I’m definitely getting them both fixed after.
It's called the truth she can die... just stay high guard. Once I fixed one of my girls after a litter of puppies and she soon died of cancer after.

Back
Top Bottom