Pregnant goat???

From just a google search, it looks like they detect different hormones:

Human urine tests detect the presence of human chorionic gonadotrophin (hCG)
Goat blood tests detect the presence of Pregnancy-Specific Protein B (PSPB)

Pretty interesting, I had never looked it up before 🤔

She looks pregnant to me, I would continue her on her pregnancy feed and wait and see. I’ve heard of does displaying signs of heat while pregnant, I’m not positive but I believe some of my does have done that as well. And if you can feel babies kick then she’s definitely pregnant - I have one due April 23 and I just felt the tiniest baby kick on her yesterday morning 😊

I like to blood test my goats for pregnancy about 30-45 days post-breeding. I don’t have access to an ultrasound machine, but I’ve heard that they’re difficult to use late gestation, and you definitely have to shave a spot before ultrasounding 🤔
Ok thank you! I stare at her right side (more minutes than I can count or should probably admit to... lol) I swear I can see movement, but when I touch her right side or in front of her belly, nothing! Every now and then I think I feel a flutter, but you know how difficult it is to tell on a goat with all their digestive movements. She is determined to not give away her secret.

Ok thank you! I stare at her right side (more minutes than I can count or should probably admit to... lol) I swear I can see movement, but when I touch her right side or in front of her belly, nothing! Every now and then I think I feel a flutter, but you know how difficult it is to tell on a goat with all their digestive movements. She is determined to not give away her secret.
Try pressing your hand firmly directly in front of her udder, pressing up and toward her rib cage. If you can feel movement: keeping your hand in the same position ‘bump’ or ‘bounce’ her belly a couple times to get the baby(s) active and kicking. It almost always works with my does.

Try pressing your hand firmly directly in front of her udder, pressing up and toward her rib cage. If you can feel movement: keeping your hand in the same position ‘bump’ or ‘bounce’ her belly a couple times to get the baby(s) active and kicking. It almost always works with my does.
I've tried... she just looks at me and does a little hop, skip to get away. Lol. She doesn't like me touching her belly or looking at her backside. God forbid I go near her udder area! She is the sweetest, most loving goat until I go near the backside. Lol. We do this circle game just to get a picture! See attached from a few minutes ago.

Attachments

• 20230301_182446.jpg
    20230301_182446.jpg
    703.9 KB · Views: 3
Thanks! I have posted on there. I did before I got the ultrasound and very few people gave their opinion. Really only one. I was disappointed in the response. But there are a lot of posts so they can't get to everyone. After I got the ultrasound, I posted the results and I got a bunch of sorries, but nobody questioned. I guess at that point I thought it was definitive as well. I might go back on and tell everyone I'm questioning the results and see what anybody has to say.
Sorry about that. I usually get lots of responses.

I've tried... she just looks at me and does a little hop, skip to get away. Lol. She doesn't like me touching her belly or looking at her backside. God forbid I go near her udder area! She is the sweetest, most loving goat until I go near the backside. Lol. We do this circle game just to get a picture! See attached from a few minutes ago.
Most of my does are the same way. Straddle the doe, grip the hair above her withers with one hand, bump belly w the other.

Back
Top Bottom