Pregnant Mini Horse?

Pics

stm_96

Songster
Sep 27, 2018
I need opinions, does my mini horse look pregnant?
We purchased her in October and the women we bought her from said she could be bred and IF she is she would be due early or mid July.
20190412_190225.jpg

Well, she might be. When I drag my eyes away from her belly and look at her shoulder and hip, the possibility of obesity also comes to mind. (My mini mule has a belly like that, and has had for all 11 of the years that I've owned her):idunno
Thank you for the feedback! I know some people tell me that they don't start to show until the last month or two before foaling and then I've read some people say their mares start showing around 6-7 months so that's why i wanted to see what others thought.

Could be or she could be fat. Minis are notorious easy keepers and their biggest challenge is to keep them slimmed down. If there is any chance that she is pregnant, you need to know. Get her checked She is behind in preventative vaccinations. Mini births are prone to complications due to the relative size of the foal. Don't wake up to a devastating outcome.

Could be or she could be fat. Minis are notorious easy keepers and their biggest challenge is to keep them slimmed down. If there is any chance that she is pregnant, you need to know. Get her checked She is behind in preventative vaccinations. Mini births are prone to complications due to the relative size of the foal. Don't wake up to a devastating outcome.
Thank you! Gonna be giving the vet a call on Monday! :)

Only good pic i could get of her udder/teats, still kinda hard to see because she still has some of her winter coat.
20190413_193354.jpg

I've noticed with pregnant equines that their history is important, and pregnant ones tend to grow a belly but the rest of the body gets a bony look, like the fat has suck down. Also, I've noticed that their vulva(?) gets a lot longer.

Back
Top Bottom