Pregnant rabbit doe not eating..Why??? UPDATE!

each rabbit is different sometimes they will not eat for a day or two and then will begin back up and you should put a nesting box in with her on her 27th day unless this is her first litter and then i would put it in with her a week before the kids are due so she can get use to it and as along as she is drinking she should be fine of course rabbits can live a few days without food but not a day without water

Thanks--the nest box is up--its her first litter. last night I put in some oatmeal, and when I checked this morning, it looks like she ate the oatmeal. She has been drinking--I'm keeping a close eye on that. I also will be opening a new bag of feed today, so I'll change our her food to the new stuff.

Well, I went out to the barn today, and she's nesting! She had straw in her mouth--it was sooo cute! She hasn't started pulling fur yet.

She did eat the half banana I gave her, and i will give her the other half tonight. She's still not eating her food, but she is still drinking and eating the treats I give her (that I started giving her cuz I was worried).

Thanks guys!

bun.gif
Wow! Great news! Congrats on the new little buns...
love.gif
Try to post a pic when they are out of the nest....

Congradulations on the new babies!! I love seeing the tiny little wigglers in the nest box,
when you get a chance you will have to post up some pictures of the little sweeties.

This is so exciting and NEW for me. My two other does both had litters before, but one was premature, and the other litter froze--they decided to be born when it was -26C, and it was the moms first litter.

So far these babes are doing well!

Back
Top Bottom