Pregnant rabbit doe not eating..Why??? UPDATE!

Hello I seem to find myself in here I need help I have a bunny my brother got it from my fathers manager and she said that she was not pregnant she was the only one to not be while all the others were giving birth or were pregnant I was fine with. But with days goin on I notice how her tummy was a little big and I talked to my mom and she seemed to let go of her tummy because I saw it more big I am concerned because this is my first time and I have her with water and pellets with spinach but I sometimes had to put it in her mouth so she will eat it

I am in the house sometimes but I don’t have that much time to see her but I will try to make time but I did notice that when we saw her big tummy she stopped eating because when she came she ate all the food I used to give her me I said she gonna be a big eater but now she isn’t is there a reason for that i had her in a box so she could have her babies there but I was looking for info to what to do with a pregnant bunny and it said to take her out for an hour and I started doing that and she would just walk to look for a little dark place to stay there and not move and she was in my room this time and she went to the closet and stayed there I mover her things in there since I have like a cabinet but one is missing from the bottom so I put a towel and her water and food

Can I know when does a belly start growing so I keep in mind when she gonna haber her babies I looked kd it up and it said 12 days after mating so it looks like she mated in March 6 and she might have the babies in April 6 because a rabbit pregnancy is of 30-32 days

Saying they decided to be born is a saying about timing, that's all. Relax. It's like when my brother "decided to be born ahead of schedule." Obviously he didn't set out and decide to be born early.

And sometimes things happen. I've lost litters to the cold and doe inexperience before. Breeding livestock is going to result in losses sooner or later, it's just nature

Last edited by a moderator:
No i really want to help all those little babies I don’t want to lose them but now that you say that I feel like it is her first time but I have 3 bunnies one is small his name is Oliver and another that she is a Japanese harlequin (Lilly )she is a girl and Lola the one pregnant and when she first came Lilly attacked her I’m not sure why and to the little bunny also was attacked by her and I know she isn’t a mean girl she is nice and likes to be pet

No i really want to help all those little babies I don’t want to lose them but now that you say that I feel like it is her first time but I have 3 bunnies one is small his name is Oliver and another that she is a Japanese harlequin (Lilly )she is a girl and Lola the one pregnant and when she first came Lilly attacked her I’m not sure why and to the little bunny also was attacked by her and I know she isn’t a mean girl she is nice and likes to be pet
Are you housing the rabbits together in one pen or do they each have separate cages?

So she stop gritting her teeth’s and she her appetite is getting more and more to eat but if I touch her in the van I can feel her bones which I didn’t feel before I need help she is almost to 10days to give birth that’s my conclusion what do I do !

Are you housing the rabbits together in one pen or do they each have separate cages?
They are all separate I have Oliver the Baby one in a cage Lilly I had her since last year so I have her in the bathroom which is big for her and I have the pregnant one in a box so we are observing her

Back
Top Bottom