Premier 1 electric netting

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Magnolia Ducks, May 20, 2019.

1. Magnolia Ducks

Magnolia Ducks Crowing

Jan 24, 2018
    Magnolia, TX
    Don't waste your money. I lost my gander, my drake and now my two little ducks. I just mowed under it, reinforced it and tested. Something got in somehow and ate my babies. I am losing at the same rate as free range.

2. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Loving this country life

I am so sorry this has happened to you. Heart breaking and so disappointing when we put our trust in something that is suppose to work. :hugs

What do you have left now?

3. Muscovy-palooza

Muscovy-palooza Songster

Oct 17, 2018
    East Tennessee
    Oh no I am so sorry. :hitIs it possible that something came in from above? I see folks using that fencing on YouTube all the time. Some have protection from above while several others just have a coop or chicken. Tractor inside the fence. We have considered getting that fencing for other critters like sheep :th

WannaBeHillBilly and quackiemama like this.
  4. Magnolia Ducks

Magnolia Ducks Crowing

Jan 24, 2018
    Magnolia, TX
    Mini who's a roach. This is 8 predator attacks she has survived. 4 other ducks and one goose. The road didn't get funded this year so we are still in limbo.

5. Magnolia Ducks

Magnolia Ducks Crowing

Jan 24, 2018
    Magnolia, TX
    A hawk attack leaves remains. I usually don't lose two at the same time. But just completely gone. Hubby thinks bobcat

WannaBeHillBilly likes this.
  6. quackiemama

quackiemama Crowing

Dec 26, 2018
    MARYLAND
    I am so sorry you have had so many predator attacks and have lost more babies. Mini is a miracle duck to have survived all of that. What do you think is getting your animals?

7. Magnolia Ducks

Magnolia Ducks Crowing

Jan 24, 2018
    Magnolia, TX
    I think coyote. DH thinks bobcat. I have seen both. Last time the fence was visibly compromised. This time it looked fine, but my two little ducks were gone.

8. Magnolia Ducks

Magnolia Ducks Crowing

Jan 24, 2018
    Magnolia, TX
    And my incubator got too hot and I hardboiled my baby yesterday. If you are a duck, you don't want to belong to me, unless you are Mini.

9. quackiemama

quackiemama Crowing

Dec 26, 2018
    MARYLAND
    Awwww Oh No! I do not miss the coyotes from Texas. We had them bad even when I lived in Dallas. Strangely there have been some coyote and black bear sightings in our area which is not common. It makes me nervous.

10. Magnolia Ducks

Magnolia Ducks Crowing

Jan 24, 2018
    Magnolia, TX
    No bear here but coyote, bobcat, tons of pig, and a possum that lives under my house and raids the grill at night after we use it.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: