Prepare for Harsh Weather

Ruffled_Feathers

In the Brooder
Apr 28, 2020
Hi All,
I've very recently put my flock of 13 chickens into a large run and hen house outside where they now spend 100% of their time. They've only been out for 5 days and are doing pretty well despite the current rainy 50° weather. But with hurricane season just around the ben, what can I do to prepare my 6 & 8 week old pullets and their habitat? I welcome any ideas about how I can fortify their run and I'll attach pictures, so you can see what we're working with. We just built the run ourselves and it's 25x10x10. Should I just bring my pullets back inside to be safe?

Hi All,
I've very recently put my flock of 13 chickens into a large run and hen house outside where they now spend 100% of their time. They've only been out for 5 days and are doing pretty well despite the current rainy 50° weather. But with hurricane season just around the ben, what can I do to prepare my 6 & 8 week old pullets and their habitat? I welcome any ideas about how I can fortify their run and I'll attach pictures, so you can see what we're working with. We just built the run ourselves and it's 25x10x10. Should I just bring my pullets back inside to be safe?
North Carolina, and sorry I didn't know there were state threads

Hi and welcome to BYC. Chat with other BYC members nearby using the links in my signature, below (turn your phone to landscape to see them).

Make yourself at home and enjoy the forums.

Best wishes

Pork Pie

Back
Top Bottom