Preparing for a blizzard, any advice

Well it is now snowing and has been for about 4 hours. Not too bad so far but they extended the blizzard warning until noon Saturday. Oh great, is my thought now. The chickens seem to be handling the cold and snow ok for now. Kind of like kids in their first snow and building a snowman.

Yeah, they lifted the blizzard warning!!! We are just in an advisory now and the wind is really blowing. Everyone seems happy this morning even though they are locked in the coop yet. Will let them out later when the sun hopefully comes out a little.

Oh I am so happy they made it through their first storm ok.

Is everyone else doing good yet?? I sure hope so.

We're better today!
lol.png
we have a layer of snow and some ice. The wind is down to around 40mph which is a relief.
We have a break on Saturday and then more snow sunday and worse they're saying ICE

My ducks were out all day yesterday - they stayed close to the coop and I saw a few of the chickens came out and went into the horse barn
gig.gif

Glad you are better today too. I hope the second wave for you isn't too bad. I did see that Deadwood got 45.7 inches of snow. Now that is ALOT of snow to try to shovel!!
lol.png

We probably ony got about 2 inches of snow but there is ice on top of that so it is pretty slick out there. It took me 35 minutes to get home this morning and it is only 12 miles from the city limits to my house.

Back
Top Bottom