Preparing to set call and pekin duck eggs! Hatch day should be March 4, 2021 if all goes well!

Pics
Help! How do I lower humidity fast? The humidity raised to 80 after I added water. I need to lower it quick. I opened the incubator quick to try to lower it now the temp is at 96.5. The humidity is at 75!! :he:barnie

Last edited:
I panicked. The temp is now 99.5 and humidity is 69. I’m just so worried about these little guys. 😔
Usually if you give it a bit it will level out. If it happens again and stays high if need be, I've used a turkey baster or small syringe to suck some water out of the tray before.
Also, check your vent and make sure it's all the way open.

I have some terrible news. I really really need these eggs to hatch. My black bibbed call Splash was flying today and crashed when he came in for a landing. He broke his neck on impact and sadly passed away on the way to the vet. I can’t believe this happened. I have no words to express my sadness. He was my favorite and followed me everywhere. :hit:hit:hit
I am beyond sad and I really just need his ducklings to hatch.
I have no words to express how sorry I am. My birds are my best friends, loosing them would be like loosing the world. I’m so sorry for your loss, this is so unexpected but heartbreaking. I’m sending hugs to Illinois for you, we are holding your hand. I’m so so sorry :hugs :hit

Usually if you give it a bit it will level out. If it happens again and stays high if need be, I've used a turkey baster or small syringe to suck some water out of the tray before.
Also, check your vent and make sure it's all the way open.
Thanks I have a syringe on hand so that’s good to know. I’ve never tried that before. My vent is all the way open. :) We’re at 68 for humidity now.

I have no words to express how sorry I am. My birds are my best friends, loosing them would be like loosing the world. I’m so sorry for your loss, this is so unexpected but heartbreaking. I’m sending hugs to Illinois for you, we are holding your hand. I’m so so sorry :hugs :hit
Thanks so very much for your kind words and condolences. Little Splash was my best Buddy and I miss him so much already. Just yesterday he was following me all around the yard and I was playing with him. He was almost 1 year old and has imprinted very strongly on me. I was not expecting this at all. It’s hit me very hard. Again words cannot express how much I appreciate the kind words from everyone. ❤️:hugs

I'm so sorry about your ducky friend. 🥺
I'm glad you have a pip!
Thanks so much.

I’m second guessing myself on the internal pip. It appears it is pushing really hard but isn’t completely through the membrane. We shall see in the morning. Both look good with tons of movement.

Back
Top Bottom