Preparing to set call and pekin duck eggs! Hatch day should be March 4, 2021 if all goes well!

Pics
Yes, looks like navel. There's just a little bulge there, but it looks like all of the yolk is inside so that is good it should close up and go down in a couple hours.
You can put him in a little cup if he's flopping himself around a lot.

They are kind of roly poly for a while with that belly bulge like that. Sometimes I do put them in a little cup just so they don't flop over on their back and get stuck.

What a cutie! He wants his sibling to join him!

Attachments

• 9F9CA9A6-CFDB-4E11-9EF8-0183738FFD19.jpeg
    9F9CA9A6-CFDB-4E11-9EF8-0183738FFD19.jpeg
    320.3 KB · Views: 13
  • C266B195-7A9C-4B8C-9E18-9416F5BD9193.jpeg
    C266B195-7A9C-4B8C-9E18-9416F5BD9193.jpeg
    307.8 KB · Views: 10
Yes, looks like navel. There's just a little bulge there, but it looks like all of the yolk is inside so that is good it should close up and go down in a couple hours.
You can put him in a little cup if he's flopping himself around a lot.
Ok thanks! That’s what I was thinking. He isn’t very floppy so I’ve left him out for now. He is truly a little duckie wrecking ball! :lau

The little fella keeps trying to pull on the other ducklings membrane and now it’s bleeding a bit. Is it alright to remove him? I usually wait till they’re dry but I don’t want him to injure the other little duckling. I have the brooder set up and the heat lamp on.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    395.2 KB · Views: 11
The little fella keeps trying to pull on the other ducklings membrane and now it’s bleeding a bit. Is it alright to remove him? I usually wait till they’re dry but I don’t want him to injure the other little duckling. I have the brooder set up and the heat lamp on.
Yep it should be fine to take it out if you haven't already.

Back
Top Bottom