Preparing to set call and pekin duck eggs! Hatch day should be March 4, 2021 if all goes well!

Pics
Ok thanks for the great advice. I’m thinking I’ll try that if I don’t notice the air cells to be getting bigger. I’ll see how they’re looking tonight or in the morning. Then go through with wiping the bloom. :)
Good luck! Trust your instinct.
and I meant “mist” once a day, edited my post above lol.
I just smashed my thumb chopping some kindling for my fire so typing with one thumb sucks! 😂

Good luck! Trust your instinct.
and I meant “mist” once a day, edited my post above lol.
I just smashed my thumb chopping some kindling for my fire so typing with one thumb sucks! 😂
Thanks!
I didn’t even notice lol I read it as mist originally... maybe my eyes aren’t all the way back to normal... :lau

Sorry about your thumb! Hope it feels better soon! I’m always finding ways to accidentally injure myself... I’m kinda clumsy... 🤭

3 out now. Had to break the cap off myself. Another had partially zipped, but I didn’t help soon enough. :hit
I’m assisting a couple others. I might end up with 6 :fl
D42AFE44-83CE-44AE-A67D-F59075AAC17A.jpeg

3 out now. Had to break the cap off myself. Another had partially zipped, but I didn’t help soon enough. :hit
I’m assisting a couple others. I might end up with 6 :fl
View attachment 2547395
I didn’t get an alert for some reason so I missed this post! Congrats!! :celebrateThey are so adorable!! So sorry you lost one. :hmm
Hopefully you do get 6!! I’m so happy for you!! Your sweeties are distracting me from panicking about hatch day! :love

Last edited:
Sure makes it hard to wait seeing those tiny little ones. I hope I can get a few Runner ducklings this summer to add to my crew. Nothing more precious that duckling cuddles. Well chick cuddles are nice too. And puppy and bunny I guess i could go on all day.
Yep! Hopefully you get some runner ducklings they are so sweet! Duckling cuddles are the best! 🥰
Baby bunny cuddles are great until they start chewing a hole in your shirt! I’ve had that happen too many times to count! I once had one kit that tried to suckle my finger, it was adorable! :p

Last edited:
@Miss Lydia i finally got the pictures! Here is Squeegee on her nest! Sorry about the mess... she decided under the shelf was the best place... :lau

Cami and her are taking turns so I think I’ll take one of the eggs and give Cami her own nest if she is broody. Every time Squeegee gets up to take a break, Cami takes over. :D
Poor Cami has been feeling under the weather again. Thinking it’s neurological. :hmm

For some reason they always want to nest under the shelf or under the lawnmower instead of their nest boxes! :lau:th
don’t know why I bother!

Edit forgot to add her eggs are on day 17 today I believe they both are looking good!

Attachments

• 2684D75F-C9A2-4055-A6C1-9545F5EC5243.jpeg
    2684D75F-C9A2-4055-A6C1-9545F5EC5243.jpeg
    720.8 KB · Views: 4
  • 713846B6-14F6-483A-91B4-8D86CA503F68.jpeg
    713846B6-14F6-483A-91B4-8D86CA503F68.jpeg
    335.9 KB · Views: 4
  • C9CC7847-791B-4E42-833F-51B84F883930.jpeg
    C9CC7847-791B-4E42-833F-51B84F883930.jpeg
    643.1 KB · Views: 4
  • 22816F4C-6EB0-4EE4-9997-CA3D56DCC0A5.jpeg
    22816F4C-6EB0-4EE4-9997-CA3D56DCC0A5.jpeg
    417 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
They do like their privacy. :loveI'm sorry to hear about Cami, What are her symptoms? Sure hope all goes well with Squeegee's eggs too. Looking forward to lots of pictures.
They do! Cami has been feeling under the weather I’ve seen some strange symptoms such as opening and closing her mouth repeatedly, closing one eye or both, putting her head down, walking strange, and She doesn’t like me to touch her head. I’m not sure. I’ve consulted Isaac so hopefully she is feeling better soon! Hope Squeegee gets some ducklings! I’ll definitely take tons of pictures!! ❤️ 🥰

Back
Top Bottom