Preparing to set call and pekin duck eggs! Hatch day should be March 4, 2021 if all goes well!

Pics
Gosh this is intense! My incubator gets here Tuesday and I'm already fighting back anxiety lol.

C'mon baby duckers! :fl
It is! I haven’t slept more than 2 hours since Wednesday! As soon as this little guy got out I immediately took a nap! :th
Many sleepless nights to come! When these guys are out I’ve got the second batch ready to go in! Good luck with your hatch! I’ll definitely be following!
This little fella is doing great! I just got him to eat some food and he drank by himself! Tipped his little head up and all! :love
He is already too spoiled! Hope his brother hatches soon because he is LOUD! He is totally attached to me and won’t even let me leave the room! :lau

It is! I haven’t slept more than 2 hours since Wednesday! As soon as this little guy got out I immediately took a nap! :th
Many sleepless nights to come! When these guys are out I’ve got the second batch ready to go in! Good luck with your hatch! I’ll definitely be following!
This little fella is doing great! I just got him to eat some food and he drank by himself! Tipped his little head up and all! :love
He is already too spoiled! Hope his brother hatches soon because he is LOUD! He is totally attached to me and won’t even let me leave the room! :lau

Attachments

• 20A3CD00-D788-42A8-B969-57B83D90F197.jpeg
    20A3CD00-D788-42A8-B969-57B83D90F197.jpeg
    545.9 KB · Views: 9
  • AC76ABD2-1DBB-486E-A31A-3A9A8A98B65E.jpeg
    AC76ABD2-1DBB-486E-A31A-3A9A8A98B65E.jpeg
    443.2 KB · Views: 11
Here’s the other baby. It’s making progress and is actively absorbing the veins. Most in the hole are absorbed but theres some still near the top of the egg. Still chewing and yawning. I’ll check it’s progress in 4 hours. :pop

Attachments

• 518C05D3-9BB5-4EFA-A7AB-3C078C618713.jpeg
    518C05D3-9BB5-4EFA-A7AB-3C078C618713.jpeg
    195.1 KB · Views: 13
  • 23C77A53-E164-4ED3-8942-68D84894F198.jpeg
    23C77A53-E164-4ED3-8942-68D84894F198.jpeg
    210.5 KB · Views: 12
Just checked him. He looks like he’s doing good but not trying to push himself out yet. So I’ll check him in about 2 hours. I’m thinking he’ll be ready to push himself out then. He moves his little wing every once in a while, peeps, and pushes his little head around.:pop

Meanwhile the little guy that hatched is extremely feisty! I took him out to sit with me in front of the heater for a bit. He was running around like crazy, jumping up on my leg and peeping up a storm! He has already got the hang of eating and drinking on his own and he is doing great! He’s also finally sleeping with his stuffed animal in the brooder! I would get some pictures but then I’d wake him and he’d start peeping nonstop again! :oops: :clap :wee

Ok for Squeegee’s eggs:
The first egg of hers is on day 24, it is showing great shadowing! I’m thinking it’s internal pip won’t be too far off. Then the other one has a small air cell so I’m thinking I’ll wipe the bloom off. It’s doing ok now though. It’s also on day 24. No shadowing or drawdown as of now.

An update on Cami’s Broodiness:
Cami is a very dedicated broody. She now has lined her entire nest with feathers and only gets up for a break when I remove her and set her by the food and water. After taking a less than 3 minute break and acting very grumpy she walks back over and resumes sitting on the nest. She is sitting on 12 eggs!!!! I don’t even know how she can keep that many warm but she’s doing great and the 3 I checked upon random were developing well. :yesss:

Back
Top Bottom