Preparing to set call and pekin duck eggs! Hatch day should be March 4, 2021 if all goes well!

So my one egg has been externally pipped for at least 24 hours and I don't see any further progress. I'm able to candle the egg from the outside of the incubator and it's breathing from what I believe I'm seeing. Do I continue to wait? Open the safety hole a little more to peek inside for a visual update? Continue to candle from outside and watch as best as I can? Just calm down and be patient?

In full transparency, I'm having trouble keeping my humidity up for some reason. This is the first time I've ran into this in this incubator. I have my NR360 running as I wanted to incubate half of the eggs in it and half in the Brinsea Maxi Advance II and it's been running empty for the entire incubation period, so if it'd be best to move them to the NR360, I can do that. I ended up incubating in the Brinsea because of the cooling feature. The humidity is more easily maintained because all ports on the NR360 are filled from the outside. Brinsea has one port that's filled internally and the other is filled externally. I've added a Sponge in a small tray to the Brinsea and have it to where I can crack the lid and add water to the Sponge to help keep humidity up. I do have 2 separate thermometers/hydrometers. I am worried about shrink wrapping

Last edited:
So my one egg has been externally pipped for at least 24 hours and I don't see any further progress. I'm able to candle the egg from the outside of the incubator and it's breathing from what I believe I'm seeing. Do I continue to wait? Open the safety hole a little more to peek inside for a visual update? Continue to candle from outside and watch as best as I can? Just calm down and be patient?

In full transparency, I'm having trouble keeping my humidity up for some reason. This is the first time I've ran into this in this incubator. I have my NR360 running as I wanted to incubate half of the eggs in it and half in the Brinsea Maxi Advance II and it's been running empty for the entire incubation period, so if it'd be best to move them to the NR360, I can do that. The humidity is more easily maintained because all ports on the NR360 are filled from the outside. Brinsea has one port that's filled internally and the other is filled externally. I do have 2 separate thermometers/hydrometers

@FunnyfarmMidwest @BirdsBeesTrees @WVduckchick @Overo Mare
@shawluvsbirds

If it’s been at least 24 hours you can probably go ahead and open the safety hole a bit more and peek inside.
Maybe the others will chime in soon.

In full transparency, I'm having trouble keeping my humidity up for some reason. This is the first time I've ran into this in this incubator. I have my NR360 running as I wanted to incubate half of the eggs in it and half in the Brinsea Maxi Advance II and it's been running empty for the entire incubation period, so if it'd be best to move them to the NR360, I can do that. I ended up incubating in the Brinsea because of the cooling feature. The humidity is more easily maintained because all ports on the NR360 are filled from the outside. Brinsea has one port that's filled internally and the other is filled externally. I've added a Sponge in a small tray to the Brinsea and have it to where I can crack the lid and add water to the Sponge to help keep humidity up. I do have 2 separate thermometers/hydrometers. I am worried about shrink wrapping
Sorry. I’m not sure, as the only incubator I’ve owned is a NR360, maybe someone with a brinsea will be around to help. :fl

@BrinseaUS can you be of assistance here?

Back
Top Bottom