Preparing to set call and pekin duck eggs! Hatch day should be March 4, 2021 if all goes well!

Not sure what happened to my last post so I'll try again. My apologies if it shows up twice. Whenever they're shrink wrapped, do you just keep watching for them to stop chewing and yawning and then open the air cell then slowly chip away shell and lubricate it? #1 was my first pip internally and externally. It's trying to chip away at the shell but maybe once a minute, I'll see it chew for a second then back to talking. I believe they're all shrink wrapped unfortunately. Poor babies. This is disappointing and I'm sure extremely frustrating for them.
If the external pip is downward, then Iā€™d probably rotate it to the top.

And I donā€™t see any evidence of shrink wrapping at all! The membrane is naturally tight around them.

My big ducks are probably wondering what in the world is going on. They're such good quackers so I'm sure they're patiently waiting on me to walk them down to their duck house and go fish some minnows out of the pond for them. Thankfully they're safe but I better go take care of them.

@Overo Mare has your duckling fluffed up yet?

If the external pip is downward, then Iā€™d probably rotate it to the top.

And I donā€™t see any evidence of shrink wrapping at all! The membrane is naturally tight around them.
Ok. I'll go turn #4 over. Thank you! I wonder if I should do it slowly, like halfway and then the rest a few minutes later?

Back
Top Bottom