Preparing to set call and pekin duck eggs! Hatch day should be March 4, 2021 if all goes well!

They eat EVERYTHING they come upon while outside! I put some grit out but they're not fans. They seem to really enjoy the great outdoors. Faith kept a close eye on a Yellow Warbler that watched them from the powerline. I'm not sure if the others paid much attention to it. They were more concerned with the noises coming from ground level. The visiting Canada Geese heard us and came over to check things out (looking for more food) but before they got close I led them to the back yard with more food.

View attachment 2674778
View attachment 2674781

Oh my goodness! :love
Layla is a snowy. My snowys confused me for a while, my opinions changed daily until they finally quacked or got green on their heads.
Faith does look like Margarita, pattern-wise, but I think she looks more blue now, maybe it’s the lighting? Is it more creamy brown color, or blueish? I have several blue pied, so that’s easily possible.
I get one male/one female feeling from the greys, but I thought my Phoenix was a male until she let out a big quack.
Their bills look so huge at this stage. But don’t worry, their bodies eventually catch up, and their bills stop seeming so huge. :lol:
C18DD8FA-9FCC-42B9-BEEB-E7992E649B6D.jpeg

Thank you so much! They certainly bring so much joy to me. Unfortunately I still don't know their genders. Faith is still a lot more petite. Her feet are also little, but they all have small feet except for #1 Paisley. Paisley is super laid back and just such an easy duckling. I'm feeling like maybe Paisley is a Drake. I have no idea on the others. Their voices are beginning to sound a bit more "duck" like (not necessarily duck or Drake though), so I suspect they will be quacking or not within the next few weeks. They do still peep, but occasionally they'll sound different. I could have sworn that I heard one loud outright quack 2 days ago but I was in the next room and of course there's a chance I was mistaken. I'm so impatient!!! If you or anyone sees any clues, please let me know. Layla had me thinking Drake until I looked at pictures of others with darker heads and even shaw's white neck ring duck! So, I guess I'll be in suspense a bit longer
Of course! I can definitely imagine! Thanks just love to sit and adore mine! I bet you’ll find out their genders pretty soon. Funny I just found out that Bobbles is a boy! Guess I’ve been calling him the right gender all along! :p
I’m impatient too so the suspense always kills me! :gig

Layla is a snowy. My snowys confused me for a while, my opinions changed daily until they finally quacked or got green on their heads.
Faith does look like Margarita, pattern-wise, but I think she looks more blue now, maybe it’s the lighting? Is it more creamy brown color, or blueish? I have several blue pied, so that’s easily possible.
I get one male/one female feeling from the greys, but I thought my Phoenix was a male until she let out a big quack.
Their bills look so huge at this stage. But don’t worry, their bodies eventually catch up, and their bills stop seeming so huge. :lol:
View attachment 2675008
My daughter is going to be thrilled! She's been wanting a Snowy! Lylah is definitely one of her favorites. ~Side note: they all see her wing pins sticking out and nibble them to make her scream 🥺 I've got to help her get them sitting better so she doesn't have a "weakness" ~ Hmmm, now I'm thinking you're on to something with Faith's coloring. I'll get a better picture using the flash to figure it out. They're all a little wet in this picture but I know that won't change her coloring, only deepen it. I agree with you on the suspicion for the grays. Paisley is so calm and larger than the others. Tallulah is crazy like Faith and doesn't want to be touched without her making the initiative for it. Lylah has her own personality. She's not really calm but she isn't as crazy as Faith and Tallulah either. I guess time will tell. Will the drakes get the green on their heads when their nuptial plumage comes in or before? Thank you so much for your wise words. I really appreciate you!

I LOVE Phoenix. I bet that quack was surprising! Phoenix, Bobbles, and Butters just melt my heart!

No offense towards any of the other beautiful ducklings. I absolutely adore them all so much but those three stick out in my mind so much. I love this thread and Shaws thread (Alice still cracks me up thinking about her sassy self!)

How is that adorable Bobbles? What about your other ducklings? Are you incubating anymore or have any other broodies?
Bobbles is great! He is absolutely perfect, and being his adorable little self! He got to go outside and play in the muddy puddles today! All the other ducklings are doing great too! Right now I’m at 20 call ducks and 2 regular sized ducks. I decided not to incubate any more for now and I don’t have any broodies at the moment. I already have to buy a new gigantic duck house! :oops:

I’ve been getting quite a few call eggs, so I’ve been giving them away. :)

Here’s Bobbles just now! I can’t believe he’s finally growing up! He’s getting his feathers in (slowly but surely)... I’m thinking he’s going to be gorgeous! I can see a lot of his feathers have a beautiful green sheen! I’ve never had a black pied so its really exciting! 🤗:clap

This was moments after changing the brooder, they are so messy! :sick
530EC692-E318-4ED5-ADED-8624882C878E.jpeg
E4F75BBB-C1DF-4B72-83B1-13DE9A05E7BD.jpeg
ED87FBEE-8BAF-4BD0-928B-60A6FF53A6CF.jpeg
4893AFFA-FC29-43A0-A4A0-B496FB071711.jpeg

View attachment 2675008
Yay, Phoenix is an adorable little girl! She’ll be a gorgeous call hen! ❤️

Yes, at that stage they crack me up. Mine always look so disproportionate but eventually “grow into” their features and turn out beautiful! :clap

Bobbles is great! He is absolutely perfect, and being his adorable little self! He got to go outside and play in the muddy puddles today! All the other ducklings are doing great too! Right now I’m at 20 call ducks and 2 regular sized ducks. I decided not to incubate any more for now and I don’t have any broodies at the moment. I already have to buy a new gigantic duck house! :oops:

I’ve been getting quite a few call eggs, so I’ve been giving them away. :)

Here’s Bobbles just now! I can’t believe he’s finally growing up! He’s getting his feathers in (slowly but surely)... I’m thinking he’s going to be gorgeous! I can see a lot of his feathers have a beautiful green sheen! I’ve never had a black pied so its really exciting! 🤗:clap

This was moments after changing the brooder, they are so messy! :sick
View attachment 2675082View attachment 2675083View attachment 2675084View attachment 2675085

Bobbles!!! :love
I absolutely love the solid black bill! And feet!! Too precious.

Back
Top Bottom