Preparing to set call and pekin duck eggs! Hatch day should be March 4, 2021 if all goes well!

Bobbles!!! :love
I absolutely love the solid black bill! And feet!! Too precious.
Aww thanks! Me too! Funny enough as a duckling he actually had the cutest pink speckles on his bill and feet and now they’re both solid black. I had never seen that happen before. Bobbles sure is a sweetie! 🤗

Here’s a few baby pics so you can see how the feet and bill were marked.
CFAA3B7D-A242-479F-9368-19A37405BA59.jpeg
4EFFAFED-1C90-438F-A694-FA0101871EA0.jpeg
5ABF14CE-450D-4402-B21F-F59C69960B85.png
84EDB93B-9B5C-4515-AFF0-03002EF8FA9D.png

Aww thanks! Me too! Funny enough as a duckling he actually had the cutest pink speckles on his bill and feet and now they’re both solid black. I had never seen that happen before. Bobbles sure is a sweetie! 🤗

Here’s a few baby pics so you can see how the feet and bill were marked. View attachment 2675310View attachment 2675311View attachment 2675312View attachment 2675313

So cute. I can’t keep them all straight. lol! It’s amazing how much they change. I took some pictures of Phoenix as her feathers were coming in. Just unreal how they would change overnight!

So I have another 9 eggs in my incubator. Another nest abandoned. They look to have less than a week to go.

I also taped Phoenix’s wing last night. Tried to video, but she was surprisingly uncooperative.
332987BA-2F19-4A74-BBD4-898FF8373FBD.jpeg

90DDD2F6-92FF-4FBA-97E1-1967E84D29B2.jpeg

So cute. I can’t keep them all straight. lol! It’s amazing how much they change. I took some pictures of Phoenix as her feathers were coming in. Just unreal how they would change overnight!

So I have another 9 eggs in my incubator. Another nest abandoned. They look to have less than a week to go.

I also taped Phoenix’s wing last night. Tried to video, but she was surprisingly uncooperative.
View attachment 2676031
View attachment 2676032
I forgot to get pictures of Faith last night. I'll get some today after work. I've looked at her several times and I believe she is more brownish than blue. I'm surprised at how similar the shades are since they're so different. I know that I looked at her at least 5 times last night trying to figure out her coloring. I know that sounds silly since I'm looking at her in real life, but 🤪.
You did such a nice job with her wing! I feel like wrapping Lylah's wing will be more kind for her since her hatchmates are taking advantage of this. If they want to get where she is, they'll nibble her pins. Of course that makes her scream and get out of the way. I feel so bad for her. How old is Phoenix now? If the hatchmates weren't doing this, I'd feel more comfortable manually manipulating them into proper position over time. Anyone think that differently? I'd love to hear thoughts if so. I have many colors of vet wrap because my Pekin has to have her foot wrapped 24/7 but I think white vet wrap will be least noticeable out of the options. I imagine they'll mess with it if it's noticeable.

View attachment 2676031
View attachment 2676032
It’s hard for me to keep them all straight! :lauThey sure do! I go out in the morning and I don’t even recognize them!
Yay!!!! Another batch!!! :love

Your wrap looks very good! What a sweetie little Phoenix is. 🤗

Back
Top Bottom