Preparing to set call and pekin duck eggs! Hatch day should be March 4, 2021 if all goes well!

We are on the way home! I will get some pictures posted in a bit. They were mostly taken on a camera. Pickles surprisingly placed first for the small females. Little Bib placed second behind pickles. For the small breed drakes, Beans got third place and Bobbles placed fourth. For the pairs, Beans and Pickle placed second and Bobbles and Little Bib placed third.

I’m pleased they did well. No judges were harmed in the process either. The judge said that Bobbles had too much white.

The group.
20210723_181139.jpg

@FunnyfarmMidwest congratulations! That's wonderful! Super exciting to learn something new and surprising about your beauties!

@Overo Mare they're so precious! I tried offering peas to my Calls and they're not impressed. My big ducks don't like them either. I guess it's a good thing my daughter can't get enough of them as she'll eat them instead of a total waste. I have found that my Calls are crazy about zucchini. They can't get enough of that. They kinda like blueberries but not a favorite. Of course meal worms are a huge hit. Another couple of things they don't like is Bananas & yellow squash. Lylah isn't big on treats of any kind. She like to nibble on me. She's also the gaurd duck and enjoys chasing my Svart Hona rooster along their fence line anytime he comes over to check in on them. The Silverudd's Blue doesn't get her upset like the other guy so maybe it's a personality thing. She's a funny duck though. She's not a fan of the wild Canada Geese that have been traveling by their pen (they walk over I'm assuming because they're molting) and she will stalk each one as they walk by and call out. They are so much entertainment and fun 💜

Butter just now started eating the peas. For the first 2 weeks I offered them, she'd play with them a bit and drop them. Then yesterday she started eating them if you smashed them first. Today was her first day of actually eating them like the others. She's still not a pea monster like they are, but she'll take them now.

I haven't tried anything else yet! I need to.

Back
Top Bottom