President vs. Arizona

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh let me guess it is not his fault it is GB's fault...
Well, the economy did start to crumble when he was still in office...
big_smile.png

Well, the economy did start to crumble when he was still in office...
big_smile.png

I think 3 1/2 years is enough time for at least something to happen. The people that I know say they will not invest under his administration. I do not blame them when the threat of unfair taxes looms.

Even you diehard Obama lovers have to admit he has been a failure do nothing president. GB was in his second term also.

Like him or not Romney will set this country on the right course for the economy, it is what the man does and does it very well.

ETA I am not a Romney fan either but we need the economy fixed.

Last edited:
Even you diehard Obama lovers have to admit he has been a failure do nothing president. GB was in his second term also.

Like him or not Romney will set this country on the right course for the economy, it is what the man does and does it very well.

I always wonder what exactly it is people want Obama to do? Presidents don't really have any power over the economy... so besides that old gripe, what do you expect a president to do or change while in office?

So presidents do not have power over the economy? Then why do people blame the president for bad economy?

A lot of people don't understand the actual powers that a president has... A president can enact things that may influence the economy (usually much later, for example you can look at the policies of Reagan and see the affects later on..more like they can change policies or trade agreements, etc... ) but not actually control or change it directly. Their influence is limited at best.

You could argue that we are at least in part suffering from changes made during the terms of other presidents - Reagan or Clinton (NAFTA, anyone?) LOL But to say they can just make changes and get the economy going or stall it is a stretch.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom