Prettiest Rooster Crow?

I've only heard two breeds, a BR and a mottled houdan. I like the BR cause his is a little less high pitched and manly, but the MH is very classic rooster-y. In about 2 months I'll have about 6 other breeds maturing, I can let u know then!

My wife HATED our Delaware before he was relocated.

I didn't mind him, he just didn't slow down.... All day, 3AM....7PM he just loved the sound of his voice.

Not only is my Japanese Bantam the sweetest rooster I've had, he has the nicest crow . . . It's not whiny or piercing; it sounds more like a muffled big boy crow. I prefer a nice, throaty crow made by a large manly breed, but for neighbors until we can be back out in the country, I couldn't have asked for a better crowing bird.

I loved the crow of my standard dominique boy.
love.gif

well, i like to hear the young roos learn to crow because they sound so awful its funny, but i guess my favorite is the new hampshire....just lets it out like he is truly proud!

The best rooster crow ever was from a Light Brahma. It had two syllables and wasn't scratchy at all - it sounded like a far away wolf howl.

I had two Brahma roosters at the time and had to get rid of one. I got rid of the bully, since he was more high strung and I had a soft spot for his picked on brother. The one I got rid of was the one with the lovely crow. Now I want to get a bunch more Brahma roosters to see if I can find another one who crows like that. That sound is probably the only thing that could get me to settle on one breed - rooster bragging night and day can drive me up a wall sometimes.

My serama boys have the typical crow, sounds real funny when they crow at the same time. crowing in stereo, the smallest of the 3 though has the funniest its kind of squeaky and at the end it sounds like a sick cat meow.

Back
Top Bottom