Pretty sure my chickens have Corzya

So sorry about you flock! One of my young pullets got sick like yours a few yeard ago. I treated her everyday and after a week or so she recovered!
Mine had bubbly liquid in both eyes, and both eyes were swollen almost shut. She is 3 now and still kicking!
I rubbed triple antibiotic ointment on both eyes a few times each day amd twice a day rubbed a homeopathic rub down her spine. It really helped my girl.
15 drops Peppermint Essential Oil
5 drops of Frankincense Essential Oil
10 drops of Orange Essential Oil
1 Tablespoon of Olive Oil(for blending)
Mix together and rub liberally along her spine twice a day. (Batch big enough for 1 bird, multiply as needed for more birds)
Hope this helps! Good Luck!

Lol, I misspelled 'of'. That's what happens when posting after midnight.

hnt15, homeopathy works. The royals in UK are devoted fans.The queen mother died at 103 (or 104?), the queen and her husband are advancing in their 90s and are healthy. Doesn't look like a coincidence. The queen of England, with all the access to information that she has, wants to be treated with... homeopathy. Our backyard flocks deserve the royal treatment too.;)

When you reached out for help here, you were already up to speed on everything conventional medicine has to say on the subject. You were already treating your flock with the conventional medication, with mixed results. You have received a diversity of opinions. Homeopathy cures by stimulating the immune system, they're gonna have antibodies in their blood after the cure, but how can they infect other birds just by carrying antibodies? *scratches head* You can always have a closed flock.

The homeopathic remedy costs aprox $8 + free shipping (I just checked). I am not affiliated with anyone/anything, not making/asking for any money. A consultation with a homeopathic practitioner costs something in the three figures. Well informed and well-to-do people use this branch of medicine. I am not a professional but I'm far from a garden-variety amateur. And I don't interfere if I am not sure that I have a homeopathic remedy that is a good fit.

Please don't be intimidated and post as I asked you. Or, you can send me a private message through 'start a conversation'.

I posted about a week ago about my chickens being sick...I am most certain they have Corzya I have been treating the whole flock with Tylan50 for just about 5 days some seem to be getting better others not...what I want to know is has anyone successfully treated a flock of 15 (3 roos and 12 hens) or is it best to cull? I do not plan on adding anymore to my flock but not sure what to do next if the Tylan50 is not working....I have no poultry vet near to take them to....any help is appreciated
Sorry your birds are sick. Have you been using the proper amount of Tylan? If not, that might explain why they aren't getting better. According to a vet, the correct amount of Tylan 50 is no less than 0.2 ml per pound of body weight every 6-8 hours, so that means a 5 pound hen should get 1 ml every 6-8 hours.

If they have a viral infection like @Eggcessive mentioned that could be why too.

It's also possible that they have more than one type of bacterial infection and that the bacteria are not sensitive to tylosin (Tylan). If that is the case you could try different antibiotics.

If they were mine and I did not want to cull them I would try Tylan at 0.2 ml per pound orally 3-4 times a day *orally*. If that didn't work I would try Baytril, but Baytril is banned for use in poultry, so that is something to think about.

You can get Baytril here:
https://allbirdproducts.com/products/baytril-10
The amount I would use is 0.045 ml per pound orally twice a day for 3-5 days.

Here is some info on why Baytril is banned:
http://www.cidrap.umn.edu/news-perspective/2005/07/fda-ban-enrofloxacin-use-poultry

If you want to know what they have you could try using this place:
https://www.zoologix.com/avian/Datasheets/PoultryRespiratoryPanel.htm

A friend of mine usded them and two of the listed bacteria were found, one was coryza, the other was Ornithobacterium rhinotracheale. They chose to cull their flock. :(

Last edited:
Yes, alternative medicine has a track record of almost 100% of birds cured. Not joking. No need for a massacre. This is for @AnneInTheBurbs and @Skywarita too. I was planning to make a new thread about this anyway, but it involves some heavy lifting on my part - not looking forward to it. I'll make time for this tomorrow.

Lol conventional medicine is not the only rooster that can crow. I almost said conventional medicine is not the only sharp knife in the drawer, but OMG that would've been a terrible pun. I implore you not to kill your birds. Help is on the way. ;)

Thanks for tagging me here, and I agree I couldnt kill my beautiful hen! She has recovered a lot now but still sneezes, however she likes to sleep on a chair while we have dinner shes such a keeper!

Back
Top Bottom