Price of Turkey feed?

Quote:
Where I live half the town has the last name of Yoder---the banker, cash station attendant, waitress, factory workers, etc. Randomly calling anyone by the last name of Yoder would produce some...er...interesting conversations. I would suggest finding a different approach.
smile.png

In all seriousness, today most farmers are very specialized and wouldn't be able to help in the way you suggest. But, if you run into one of the more 'old-school' and diversified farmers that would truly be an asset.

Quote:
Heritage turkeys sell for about $4.99-$7.99/lb dressed. They are usually butchered at 8-9 months old. I would not sell a live bird of that age for less than $45.00. You will have atleast that much in the thing.

What does anyone in West FL. Panhandle feed their breeding turkeys? I have Bronze Breasted Tom, 2 laying hens and limited suppliers and feeds- poultry and a gamebird feed with FRM.I've been feeding layer pellets with a sweet feed as there aren't options. We are so limited when I look at the other areas of the country for feed options.

Yesterday, a 50lb bag of Super Breeder crumbles (Southern States brand) cost me $18.50. I believe its 26% protein. I'm currently looking for a new feed source :/

I must be paying almost 30.00 for a 50 lb bag. I bought my first bag yesterday for my poults that are due to arrive 4/11. My bill was 78.00 and I had a bag of dog food (35.00, a bag of layer pellets and the gamebird grower). I know the layer pellets are no more than 15.00 so that makes my gamebird starter around 29.00. OUCH!!!

The good news is purina recommends flock raiser after the game bird starter, so I will be back to around 15.00 a bag then.

I must be paying almost 30.00 for a 50 lb bag. I bought my first bag yesterday for my poults that are due to arrive 4/11. My bill was 78.00 and I had a bag of dog food (35.00, a bag of layer pellets and the gamebird grower). I know the layer pellets are no more than 15.00 so that makes my gamebird starter around 29.00. OUCH!!!

The good news is purina recommends flock raiser after the game bird starter, so I will be back to around 15.00 a bag then.

WOW!!! That is pricey!!!! I second that on the flockraiser after the game bird. :thumbsup

Back
Top Bottom