Primping For Show! ***PICS***

Birch Run Farm

Biddy up!
11 Years
Sep 5, 2008
VERMONT
Mr. Magoo is going to Boston this weekend along with a few other fowls of mine. Here he is at the 'spa', my versatile kitchen.

IMG_3374.jpg

Just out of the bucket bath, washed in shampoo and then rinsed, then dipped in a bucket of water and conditioner. Wrapped in a towel to dry off some. Magoo has never been in the house or had a bath before. He was pretty cooperative.

IMG_3375.jpg

Next it is time for a blow-dry! Magoo has no idea what the hair dryer is but he quickly decides he likes it and stands on his own.

IMG_3376.jpg

Enjoying getting his bottom dried

IMG_3378.jpg

Fluffing up, he is smiling

IMG_3379.jpg

Mmm, one handsome devil! I should have stopped the flash, it has bled him out but he looks awesome.

IMG_3380.jpg

Next I will do a black pullet and get some photos of her.

Thanks for the compliments! Did the pullet yesterday, she loved her day at the spa. I did take some pics, she is so fluffy today, wow! Today it is the araucana cocks turn!

LOL, I like the blow dry the fanny pic. Nice job. Hope you win!!!!!! Nice bird.

If you get the chance, take some pics at the show.

Last edited:
Will do, I've got my camera sitting on the counter, ready to go!

My araucanas are hard in molt so I won't be taking them. I stuck the first one in a bucket for a bath and as soon as I started scrubbing him I could feel the pin feathers. So the araucana 'boys' are staying home. I am assuming judges don't want to look at chickens with half pin feathers.

Back
Top Bottom