Privett Hatchery

i don't know, but i won't never ever order chickens from mexico or "New mexico" cause there is no telling what you'll be getting. cause australorps w/ feathered legs is just not right!
old.gif

Quote:
MAYBE it's like "Tennessee Whiskey"....some of it...MIGHT be GOOD WHISKEY.

But out here in New Mexico, our horses are "runners".......NOT "Tennessee Walkers" !
(Do them "Walkin' Horses" have feathered legs? Is that what slows them down?)
lau.gif

Ha-Ha !!!
wink.png

_Junkmanme-
old.gif

Umm, yeah I know!!

I ordered astralorps specifically and the chicks were marked like the right kind of chicks, but this is what they grew up to be.
smile.png

Last edited:
Quote:
Thet's jest cause they're "Western Chickens".
wink.png
yippiechickie.gif

We grow 'em "Rough and Tough" out hyar in the "Badlands of New Mexico" !
lol.png
celebrate.gif

Ha-Ha !!!
lol.png
wink.png

-Junkmanme-
old.gif

yuckyuck.gif

The FIRST chickens I had were Buff Orpingtons (dunno from where...they were given to me by a neighbor who had them given to him). GREAT Chickens! (many reasons)
BUT, one particular Hen (the best "broody") was as arrogant as any Rooster (except HER Rooster). She would attack me and other chickens at any moment. She was "Top Hen" (or "Top Gun" -- Ha-Ha !!!).

She and "her Rooster" were NOT to be messed with. She's gone now....unfortunately....but "her Rooster" still runs the flock. His Grandsons don't even consider "messin' with the OLD MAN" even though they are BIGGER!

He's a half-breed....essentially a "Gold Comet" (Red Sex-Link). I named him "Oro Blanco de Gallo" which means the "White-Gold Rooster".

I've also got a Brown Leghorn rooster who is about half his size that is very fiesty. But, he doesn't mess with Ole "Oro Blanco.

WHOOPS ! I don't have the Brown Leghorn Rooster anymore! My neighbor JUST NOW came by and traded me some chicken feed for that Rooster! Good Deal for everyone concerned! (That's the true definition of a good business deal!)

Oh Well...that's the NEWS from New Mexico.
-Junkmanme-
old.gif

Back
Top Bottom