Pro series 4200. HELP!!!

Depending on where you are and where the incubator is would be my first guess and advice. Basements, outside, inside, etc. Why I say this is the acutal outside airs humidity may be effecting the sensors as it gets pulled in to the bator. Its raining and snowing in many areas and that will add humidity to the air as well and change the readings more drastically. Its hard to fight mother nature..... but we try.

Keep the doors shut if your constantly opening them and makeing tweeks to the bator. Give the bator a good 12- 24 hours to stabelize temp and humity in between each adjustment.

you should check your thermometer (calbrate it) before setting any eggs and trusting the reading. most are out 2-6 degrees.
crush some ice and put it in a cup add a little water and put the thermometer in it. let it sit for about 10 mins - it shoud read 32.5 to 33.0 degrees. If its off, just do the math (+-) and make adjustments accordingly.

If you dont have a fan in the bator that too might be the larger problem.

Depending on where you are and where the incubator is would be my first guess and advice. Basements, outside, inside, etc. Why I say this is the acutal outside airs humidity may be effecting the sensors as it gets pulled in to the bator. Its raining and snowing in many areas and that will add humidity to the air as well and change the readings more drastically. Its hard to fight mother nature..... but we try.

Keep the doors shut if your constantly opening them and makeing tweeks to the bator. Give the bator a good 12- 24 hours to stabelize temp and humity in between each adjustment.

you should check your thermometer (calbrate it) before setting any eggs and trusting the reading. most are out 2-6 degrees.
crush some ice and put it in a cup add a little water and put the thermometer in it. let it sit for about 10 mins - it shoud read 32.5 to 33.0 degrees. If its off, just do the math (+-) and make adjustments accordingly.

If you dont have a fan in the bator that too might be the larger problem.
Theres a fan. I kept the temp steady all night but humidity dropped. It does still get cold at night. Im going to get another hydrometer seeing as i have 2 thermometers n get the same reading. Would covering iit at night help? Thank you

Cold nights will play a role just like a room that is 105f degrees (just have to cool the room down). But saying that, the incubator should keep up and adjust to any lower temp changes.

Being its a forced air incubator, its hard to say on covering it as it might slow the fan down but its a consideration. If its pulling in fresh air from the outside, thats most likely where your temp and humidity is faulting from. Covering it? I have heard others putting a cloth over it as to help, but as I said it might pull your fan down. if you do, remember (A dry cloth will dry the air somewhat, and a damp cloth will add to the humidity). Cloth or towel.

If the humidity flux is the only problem now, then the unit is probably leaking out through air holes and/or cracks (if your constantly replacing the water resivor). but also if the fan is sucking/blowing fresh air from the outside that too will cause the problem as the outside air may be dryer or wetter.
You could try closing the air vents a little at a time and see how that helps (if you have them).
Or Try a towl and see what happens. I have found that even 40% to 55% is okay for most incubations. 35% is pushing it.
Remember that chicks are forming in the shell and still need oxygen to breath through out the incubation, so you dont want it air tight as even in the egg the chicks are forming CO2 which needs to vent off and replaced with good air, thus the air vents.

Cold nights will play a role just like a room that is 105f degrees (just have to cool the room down). But saying that, the incubator should keep up and adjust to any lower temp changes.

Being its a forced air incubator, its hard to say on covering it as it might slow the fan down but its a consideration. If its pulling in fresh air from the outside, thats most likely where your temp and humidity is faulting from. Covering it? I have heard others putting a cloth over it as to help, but as I said it might pull your fan down. if you do, remember (A dry cloth will dry the air somewhat, and a damp cloth will add to the humidity). Cloth or towel.

If the humidity flux is the only problem now, then the unit is probably leaking out through air holes and/or cracks (if your constantly replacing the water resivor). but also if the fan is sucking/blowing fresh air from the outside that too will cause the problem as the outside air may be dryer or wetter.
You could try closing the air vents a little at a time and see how that helps (if you have them).
Or Try a towl and see what happens. I have found that even 40% to 55% is okay for most incubations. 35% is pushing it.
Remember that chicks are forming in the shell and still need oxygen to breath through out the incubation, so you dont want it air tight as even in the egg the chicks are forming CO2 which needs to vent off and replaced with good air, thus the air vents.
Thank you. That is most helpful. And now i have 3 each of hrdroneters and thermometers lol

Back
Top Bottom