Probably wrong, but thinking out loud about the TSC “BRs”

View attachment 2552884

thats all I have right now, I'll come back tomorrow with full body photos. I have never looked too closely into chicken breed standards, so let me know what you think. Does she look like a barred rock, or a mutt? either way, shes a good girl
She‘s a hatchery barred rock. Not a “mutt” but very different to heritage BRs.

Honestly, I'm not sure. I'm just following this thread because it seems fairly interesting.

Question: Does any of this have to do with autosexing? I'm just thinking aloud here, because I know that Plymouth Rocks are autosexing, and they are closely related. Again, I might be spiraling off in a completely different direction, but I am curious.
I suppose it’s possible they mixed something in to help fix the autosexing. Most hatchery lines have lost the autosexing trait, and all of these weird BRs that I’ve seen have all been female. Though that could just be chance as vent severs usually have a ~90% success rate.

Wait-

I don't know what Maisy is. She's originally from Mt. Healthy Hatchery. She caught my eye as a weirdly marked BR, but because Mt. Healthy Hatchery is now carrying the Cuckoo Marans, I've assumed that was what she was. She doesn't lay the chocolate eggs. She's obviously not a BR going by markings and weight. She's too light. So, I've been guessing maybe Cuckoo Maran mix. What's my Maisy? :hit

In case of anyone wondering, I didn't read through all the pages, just page 1. :oops:

Wait-

I don't know what Maisy is. She's originally from Mt. Healthy Hatchery. She caught my eye as a weirdly marked BR, but because Mt. Healthy Hatchery is now carrying the Cuckoo Marans, I've assumed that was what she was. She doesn't lay the chocolate eggs. She's obviously not a BR going by markings and weight. She's too light. So, I've been guessing maybe Cuckoo Maran mix. What's my Maisy? :hit

In case of anyone wondering, I didn't read through all the pages, just page 1. :oops:
Looks like one of the weird colored rocks. Cuckoo Marans should have white legs.

Back
Top Bottom