problem.... are they still okay?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by capstone, May 25, 2012.

1. capstone

capstone In the Brooder

May 12, 2012
    The eggs have been in the incubator for 2 days. I have them in an automatic turner.... well I was looking closely tonight wondering why I never see them turn... AAAAAA the little arm was not on the rotator so they have been in the same position for 48 hours... are they doomed?

Other than that I have the temp and humidity perfect now... I am feeling like a failure right about now. ughh *head desk*

2. sourland

sourland Broody Magician

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Your eggs will be fine. Relax, you have corrected the problem and if fertile they will develop with no problems.

3. capstone

capstone In the Brooder

May 12, 2012
    phew thank you so much. I am sorry for all the questions and panic attacks. I am so thankful I found this forum.. you guys are wonderful and are always willing to answer questions no matter how silly they are in a timely fashion.

thank you again so much.

4. SallysCrazyFarm

SallysCrazyFarm In the Brooder

Apr 28, 2012
    PA
    They'll definitely be fine. When I receive shipped eggs, I usually sit them upright and not turn them whatsoever for 3-4 days. They hatch just fine!

5. capstone

capstone In the Brooder

May 12, 2012
    wow thank you so much for the information....I feel like a fish out of water, I know nothing about chickens at all.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: