1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Problem with chicks

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Master S.M.C, Mar 14, 2009.

1. Master S.M.C

Master S.M.C Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2009
    Maryland
    Is it a bad thing when the chicks extend their leg and wing outwards going down, what exactly is happening (are they just stretching)?

Last edited: Mar 14, 2009
  2. Chickenfeet

Chickenfeet Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2009
    Cleveland, Ga.
    They are just stretching my dear!! They are discovering all of their little parts, like a baby finding their toes for the first time. Cuteness!![​IMG]

3. artsyrobin

artsyrobin Artful Wings

Mar 1, 2009
    Muskogee OK
    Yep- they are stretchng- like you see cats do, it is pretty funny looking...[​IMG]

4. DawnSuiter

DawnSuiter Chillin' With My Peeps

Oh gosh, yes, stretching.

And also you should know.. when they sleep, they look dead sometimes.
    [​IMG]

isn't that cute

lol... I love when they stretch out their wings.. it's like they are showing off!!!! I especially like when it's contagious and everyone in the brooder feels like they must do that too.! Like a yawn!

5. Chicken Fruit

Chicken Fruit Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 25, 2009
    Echo Homestead
    Totally stretching!

Just wait until they start flapping like crazy and running around like possessed little creatures... lol.

6. Master S.M.C

Jan 23, 2009
    Maryland
    Quote:I know, one of my Brahmas sleeps on the perch with her head slung over it hanging down which is scary but I know she is okay.

7. Master S.M.C

Jan 23, 2009
    Maryland
    Quote:They have already started one of the JG's almost completely flew out of the brooder, they also run into their perch [​IMG]

8. Chicken Fruit

Chicken Fruit Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 25, 2009
    Echo Homestead
    Master S.M.C :

Quote:They have already started one of the JG's almost completely flew out of the brooder, they also run into their perch [​IMG]

LOL!

mine hit the lamp in the brooder some times. Little stinkers.​

9. welovechickens

welovechickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2009
    Round Rock
    Sometimes mine sleep on their sides with one leg stretched out behind them. Kind of like they are just lounging. It's funny!

10. montana girl

montana girl Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 23, 2007
    Kalispell, Montana
    They LOVE to do this when you change their bedding. They will lay on their side and dust bathe in the bedding it is SO cute. If you pile up the bedding into little piles, they love it even more!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by