Problem with chicks

Master S.M.C

Songster
12 Years
Jan 23, 2009
Maryland
Is it a bad thing when the chicks extend their leg and wing outwards going down, what exactly is happening (are they just stretching)?

Last edited:
They are just stretching my dear!! They are discovering all of their little parts, like a baby finding their toes for the first time. Cuteness!!
love.gif

Oh gosh, yes, stretching.

And also you should know.. when they sleep, they look dead sometimes.
big_smile.png

isn't that cute

lol... I love when they stretch out their wings.. it's like they are showing off!!!! I especially like when it's contagious and everyone in the brooder feels like they must do that too.! Like a yawn!

Quote:
I know, one of my Brahmas sleeps on the perch with her head slung over it hanging down which is scary but I know she is okay.

Quote:
They have already started one of the JG's almost completely flew out of the brooder, they also run into their perch
lol.png

Master S.M.C :

Quote:
They have already started one of the JG's almost completely flew out of the brooder, they also run into their perch
lol.png

LOL!

mine hit the lamp in the brooder some times. Little stinkers.​

They LOVE to do this when you change their bedding. They will lay on their side and dust bathe in the bedding it is SO cute. If you pile up the bedding into little piles, they love it even more!

Back
Top Bottom