Problem with Rabbit's nose

Macaw

In the Brooder
Jun 4, 2023
Texas
My English spot rabbit has a red spot on her nose and I was wondering if anybody knows what it is and how I can treat it.Thanks in advanced!

Attachments

• IMG_0677.JPG
    IMG_0677.JPG
    459.9 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_0678.JPG
    IMG_0678.JPG
    411.7 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_0680.JPG
    IMG_0680.JPG
    494.3 KB · Views: 10
My English spot rabbit has a red spot on her nose and I was wondering if anybody knows what it is and how I can treat it.Thanks in advanced!
Is there a rabbit in the cage with her?
Is there one in a cage right next to her?

I don't keep rabbits. I just keep one inside the house and I haven't have any issues with him yet so I am not sure but I'd guess she got bit or hurt it on something in the cage.

@azurbanclucker

There's another rabbit in the cage next to her, but I don't think the other rabbit could've bitten her though the bars. I did get some new metal feeders that attach to the side of the cage so maybe she got burnt from the metal while eating.

It does look like a rub. It’s never happened with my bunnies, but it looked like that when my Guinea pig rubbed her nose on the wire of her cage once. I just cleaned it, applied an antibiotic, and it healed fine.

Do you know what antibiotic you used @WoDia

You can use plain Neosporin, if you have that. Or any brand triple antibiotic ointment…. without pain relief. I buy (4) packs on Amazon and stay stocked up. I hope this helps. 🙂

She's rubbing against something. Does she have a metal feeder? Could be set too low in the cage and she's leaning down to eat/rubbing. Or the hay crib, or really anything she is frequently using in the cage near the edges.

She's rubbing against something. Does she have a metal feeder? Could be set too low in the cage and she's leaning down to eat/rubbing. Or the hay crib, or really anything she is frequently using in the cage near the edges.
I did recently get a new metal feeder for her. do you think that she will stop rubbing against the feeder or should I remove it and just go back to what I was using before?

Back
Top Bottom