Problems posting photos in personal messages, etc. using Mac.

Marandaise

In the Brooder
Oct 31, 2015
Having some problems posting photos in personal messages, etc. using Mac. The progress bar will show being nearly fully loaded and then quits and won't load.

Please see the information here: https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/troubleshooting-byc-problems-bugs-error-messages-other-issues

If none of those things help, please come back to this post and reply with all the information requested in that article above, especially:

1) Which browser and version are you using (eg., Firefox 3.5.9, Internet Explorer 7, etc.)
2) Have you deleted your internet cache / browser history of files and tried again?
3) Have you tried a different browser? This allows you to test if it is a browser specific problem vs. a computer / network problem. We suggest Google Chrome or Firefox.

Please see the information here: https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/troubleshooting-byc-problems-bugs-error-messages-other-issues

If none of those things help, please come back to this post and reply with all the information requested in that article above, especially:

1) Which browser and version are you using (eg., Firefox 3.5.9, Internet Explorer 7, etc.)
2) Have you deleted your internet cache / browser history of files and tried again?
3) Have you tried a different browser? This allows you to test if it is a browser specific problem vs. a computer / network problem. We suggest Google Chrome or Firefox.

Thanks!

1) Safai Version 5.1.10
2) Yes
3) Can't run newer versions without buying a new computer

Also, I am unable to post a "for sale" posting. The rules say,"You need to have 20 posts in order to participate in the BST sections regardless of your time registered or your membership level. This includes placing Wanted Ads." And I have 22 posts. Thanks for your help!

Here is the message I receive when trying to upload photos to this thread. We have a satellite connection, so it is not a dialup connection.

Some images failed to upload:
  • bcm.chick.daisy.6.15.2015.JPG - {error}
You can try re-selecting them and uploading again.

That's a golden oldie!
smile.png
I'm on 10.7.5 at the moment and was told recently can't upgrade Safari without going up either. One alternative suggestion I found was to upgrade to Yosemite. I heard mixed reviews about it though, such that the iPhoto features goes funky on it.

You may be able to get a version of FireFox that will still work o.k. for you. Otherwise, as Nifty suggested above, clear cache. I find I have to do that up to twice a week at the moment. FB loads your Mac with cookies, if you go there, and those do mess with how BYC works for me.

That's a golden oldie!
smile.png
I'm on 10.7.5 at the moment and was told recently can't upgrade Safari without going up either. One alternative suggestion I found was to upgrade to Yosemite. I heard mixed reviews about it though, such that the iPhoto features goes funky on it.

You may be able to get a version of FireFox that will still work o.k. for you. Otherwise, as Nifty suggested above, clear cache. I find I have to do that up to twice a week at the moment. FB loads your Mac with cookies, if you go there, and those do mess with how BYC works for me.

Thanks for your help!
Ouch- I hate to think of a 3 YO computer as a golden oldie! lol Time just goes too fast.
I tried emptying cache again, but no go. It gets to where it almost finishes loading a photo, but then drops out and never completes. Frustrating.

I'll look for Firefox and Yosemite, but dang- this just worked fine a few weeks ago.

How big are your pictures?

-kathy

Disclaimer - I'm no expert, but I have seen the same thing when I try to load a bunch of large pictures.

Quote: 3yo? You should be able to (should've been able to) upgrade for free… I think. I bought my laptop nearly 4 years ago and upgraded a few months later when they brought out the new OS. I think for you it may actually be worth spending to upgrade if it comes to that. This OS I'm on at the moment is lovely, except for the Safari situation, but I use FireFox as back-up for that.

Back
Top Bottom