1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Problems with stick tight fleas

Discussion in 'Predators and Pests' started by chickenzoo, Jan 13, 2013.

1. chickenzoo

chickenzoo Emu Hugger

Been battling problems with stick tight fleas at the new farm......very bad.....even my guinea have them.....but I noticed out of all my chickens, the only chickens on the ground that do not have any on them are my two Turkens.
    So the chickens with the least amount of feathers have No fleas...which are fleas that only like to attach to bear skin. I wish I knew what they had that the fleas didn't like...... Id give it to everyone.....lol

2. chickenzoo

chickenzoo Emu Hugger

Thank you....I've tried all kinds of stuff.....
    Dusting.....spraying....dipping..... Swat. .....frontline...... Everything....and they keep coming back. I am going to raise all my LF pens up off the ground and have them on wooden slate floors till I can.come up with something. Hoping when I can turn 16 acres to pasture the fleas will leave.

3. ChickensAreSweet

ChickensAreSweet Heavenly Grains for Hens

found this...
    https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/287362/raised-duck-pen-w-plastic-pond-and-pvc-drain-photos

4. ChickensAreSweet

ChickensAreSweet Heavenly Grains for Hens

Last edited: Jan 15, 2013

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by