production reds

I will go by nhr.....
Then you will be calling them a incorrect breed name.

So nhr and rir dont make the pr?
Childish aren't we?
Judging by the way you talk and type I will assume that your still in grade school, if so I will just let you know that I have been raising, breeding, showing and researching poultry since before you was born.

As I said before Show Me The Proof.

Once I get a computer,I will.
I find rude by some things you say.
If I was a child,I wouldnt know as much as I know about chickens.....
May not know much about breeds,about the chickens itself, I think im good....

I am interested in seeing what you can find.

Just keep this in mind though.
The New Hampshire (NH) was bred solely from the Rhode Island Red (RIR) to create a faster maturing meat producing breed not a faster maturing egg production breed. This means if you cross a RIR to a NH you only increase the egg production over the NH, but in turn your decreasing the egg production of the RIR. You would be far better off just sticking with the RIR for egg production.

Now you would be farther ahead to breed a egg production breed solely from the RIR as they did with the "first generation" production reds than you would be crossing a RIR with a NH. The "second generation" production reds utilized the high egg production of the Leghorn, by crossing Leghorn blood into a high production type RIR you get a medium size, higher production, brown egg fowl that looks similar to the RIR.

Also keep in mind that most hatcheries today have production "breeds" and somewhere in there heritage carry Mediterranean blood (e.g. Leghorn) to increase egg production and aid in sexing at birth. A hatchery may state that there "production reds" are a simple RIR/NH cross but what there leaving out is how the also have Leghorn in the background of one or both of the parent stock.

Ok.
I did get the leghorn and ref sexlimk from a pr tub,might aswell ask,umm should I buy from a hatchery again?

Ok.
I did get the leghorn and ref sexlimk from a pr tub,might aswell ask,umm should I buy from a hatchery again?
Did you get them from a hatchery or a feed store?
I would never by birds from a feed store, people pick them up and never put them were they belong and most of the feed stores never know what they have.
As far as hatcheries, there are good ones out there and even more bad ones out there. Just remember IF you want the real deal you have to get the birds from a good true breeder.

Hatcheries are in it for the money not the breed/ specimen.

Back
Top Bottom