PROFESSIONALLY Photograph your chicks for under $2.00!

This is so awesome!! I'm really glad that this thread was dug up again for those of us that are just starting out! I'm going to have to get a light box started up so it's ready when I get my new chicks!!

OMG, you're my hero. GREAT idea!! But now I want to make a giant box to stick my 8 month old baby into, too--does that seem like a bad idea? lol
lol.png

When my kids were babies I'd wait for a sunny day, throw open the curtains, drape a white sheet over the window (same idea as the wax paper in this light box idea), and then situate the babies in the light coming through the sheet. It made for very sweet pictures. Of course it also helps to have a helper who can hold something entertaining behind you so the baby sits still!

Certainly enjoyed your demonstration. I am a professional oil painter (Realism) and am working on a series of 'Mother//Child animal portraits. (Some human portraits of Mothers with children as well). I do not have access to any reference photos of hens/chicks and am seeking same. Do you ever take such photos that you would share as reference for me? I would give you photography credit on any completed portrait. I'm opposed to "taking" copies of photos without permission. thanks! :) and thanks for the "tips" that will help others.

Back
Top Bottom