Project ideas needed for 6yo girls!

That wreath is cool PM. I might have to borrow that idea myself.
lol.png

Eggs,
Girl, you are one brave woman. I have great admiration for woman who will do any group activity with little ones.
What about cookie mix jars. http://allrecipes.com//Recipe/cowboy-cookie-mix-in-a-jar/Detail.aspx
I know it could get a little messy but it could teach some great skills. I did this with kindergartners when I was fill in cook at the local school.

http://www.kinderart.com/crafts/
I use to use this website for ideas

when I was a toddler I painted fir cones and sprinkled them with glitter. Then my mother tied a ribbon on when they were dry, and hung them on our tree. I'm 36 and still have 2 of them
smile.png

That sounds FUN! Thanks, Sooner!

A friend gave me some Pack O Fun magazines (if they can be called that), but it seemed everything involved yarn pom poms. Maybe that was the theme that season!

Now off to the website you linked to...

Last edited:
Quote:
Wow, in just 20 seconds on that website you linked me to, I found a solution for my clothespins! I used them for our Veteran's Day peace doves, and wanted to use them for a magnet of some sort. This idea http://www.kinderart.com/crafts/clothespinmagnets.shtml fits the bill!

The cookie mix jar is a GREAT idea. I'm thinking of actually making that work for Valentine's Day, since it's so hard to make something useful for a gift that doesn't seem so seasonal. Covered in a red cloth square, tied with shiny red ribbon, with a heart-shaped label! THANKS!!!!

You guys are filling up my favorites bar!

reindeer candy canes.....super simple and easy.

Need:
Candy canes (the hook ones individually wrapped)
Brown pipe cleaners - antlers
"wiggle eyes" - the flat backed ones
red balls - noses
ribbon
construction paper

Glue the eyes and red noses on the short end of the candy cane. Twist the brown pipe cleaner around top of cane and then bend ends to look like antlers.
cut construction paper into gift tags. Punch hole in top and string ribbon through. Tie around "neck".

It's super easy and super fun. the kids get a kick out of them. Heres a link...... http://www.dltk-holidays.com/xmas/mreindeercandy.htm this is very similar to what we do.

You can also do "christmas Boxes" Basically they are Panorama scenes made out of old cigar boxes. You can decorate with ornaments, miniature trees and other christmas type items bought at any craft store. My daughter's troop did that when she was a brownie. it's easy, quick and the kids can do whatever they want, use their imagination. And all you need is some craft glue.

Last edited:
Quote:
We made reindeer candy canes last year, and they looked like reindeer from the 'Far Side'. It was SO hard not to laugh at what they thought was a work of art! We also had a sudden rash of reindeer breakages that resulted in "I'd better just eat this and make another one." Then the sporadic scream "My nose is gone!!!!"

Where did your daughter's troop find the cigar boxes? We have a smoke shop that is never open. I'm trying to think of other stores that display cigars in boxes...... think, think, think.....

Quote:
We made reindeer candy canes last year, and they looked like reindeer from the 'Far Side'. It was SO hard not to laugh at what they thought was a work of art! We also had a sudden rash of reindeer breakages that resulted in "I'd better just eat this and make another one." Then the sporadic scream "My nose is gone!!!!"

Where did your daughter's troop find the cigar boxes? We have a smoke shop that is never open. I'm trying to think of other stores that display cigars in boxes...... think, think, think.....

We live in Lexington, KY and there are a couple cigar/smoke shops here. Generally they will just give them away.

Arizona to Kentucky... I think I could get there and back before the next meeting!
tongue.png

You'd think we'd have more cigar smokers here, but they've made it illegal to smoke in most places.

Back
Top Bottom