Project LAVENDER CUCKOO Ameraucana eggs 8+(more pics added)

Goose and Fig

Grateful Geese
10 Years
Apr 19, 2009
Fall Creek Falls TN
You read right- Lavender CUCKOO. These are a project- purely for fun. These are the f2s of a color project I started last year- having the birds to make lav cuckoo, I just could not resist. These eggs will produce Lavender Cuckoo, Cuckoo split for lavender, and possibly some cuckoo that are not split. In case you don't know- "split" refers to a bird carrying a gene but not visually showing it.
I have no way to tell which of the cuckoo are split and which are not- you will have to test breed to find out.

I have been breeding Ameraucanas for several generations- and my solid lavenders are in the f4 stage. These chicks will be a result of the f3s that originated from Shaffer, Smith, Garner and Crystalcreek's stock crossed to my own project cuckoo split for lav roo. I was assured that this color will never make it out of the project stage because barring restricts pigment in the birds legs. I have seen a few chicks hatch already from this crossing and they all have dark legs so far. One was clean-faced. I am offering these now because I will be breaking breaking up that pen to go back to your regularly scheduled lavender ameraucana projects.
big_smile.png

Shipping is a flat $14 for the lower 48. Add $3 for Alaska. I am not NPIP yet.

Below are some pictures of my lav stock, and an image I borrowed to illustrate what color we should expect. Thanks for looking!

28521_25octtablepreviewducks_048.jpg

Lavender eggs by the top:
28521_100_4919.jpg

28521_100_3510.jpg

Myroo and a few of the juvies' sire:
28521_100_2638.jpg

Project pen- there are some moulting in here
28521_lavcuckoopen_013.jpg

28521_lavcuckoopen_012.jpg

28521_christmas_033.jpg

The roo has a little leakage, but he makes up for it with good size and gentle personality.

This photo belongs to Spish. It is an Orpington, but just putting it here as a reference for what lav cuckoo looks like:
28521_spishslavcuckoos.jpg

These will ship Tuesday next week. Priority mail with delivery confirmation. I use a number 7 box and have had successful hatches as far away as Alaska. I will purchase insurance if you wish for an extra $2. Pick-up is free of course.

Last edited:
I hatched out three of these little cuties for the NYD hatch. I highly recommend HappyMtn. Packaging/shipping was great. 100% fertility on all egg she sent.
Here are there photos
90094_img_4945-copy.jpg

90094_img_4947-copy.jpg

90094_img_4974c.jpg

90094_img_5028c-copy.jpg

I am so excited to watch them grow!

Nice Lav Cuckoo hen shown
smile.png
And love the chicks. I don't think I've ever seen Lavender Cuckoo outside BBB's d'Anvers.

So, okay, correct me if I'm wrong - The eggs are coming from the pic with the cuckoo male and Lav and Lav split females, yes?

Quote:
I love that hen- so nice of Spish to let me share it
wink.png
The roo is cuckoo split for lavender.

Also- all you need is a lav cuckoo roo out of these eggs and it opens up a lot of possibilities.

Last edited:
No- I am breaking up the pen in about 2 weeks. I might have a young roo available later on. ETA- wait I need a roo so maybe I'll have a pullet for you
lol.png
I'm just an hour from AL.

Last edited:
Quote:
Are you kidding me??? That pic of the chick with the colored craft balls is SO flipping cute!!!
love.gif
Great pic!

I have some more girls that started laying since that last egg pic- color varies a lot, but size has improved.

28521_daphneorps_011.jpg

They do get more pale thoughout the hatching season, much like marans eggs do. You can tell how some have just started back up and some are due for a moult.

Back
Top Bottom