Project LAVENDER CUCKOO Ameraucana eggs 8+(more pics added)

Quote:
Are you kidding me??? That pic of the chick with the colored craft balls is SO flipping cute!!!
love.gif
Great pic!

x2

Great pic!

I am also working on a similar project and I am just dying waiting for my pullets to start laying. I'm going to call mine lav cuckoo olive eggers/EE's. My roo is a cuckoo Marans X Lav Am cross. My hens are black split for lav Ameraucana's. Will take longer for me to get there working with all splits, but I figured I'd give it a go! There was a post last year on the Olive Egger thread showing one of these grown out and that was what made me realize I have what I needed in house to work the project! Excited to see others working on them too!

Did I miss it or did you say what the make up of your barred roo is?

Last edited:
Quote:
Yes- I did the same thing. I had an almost- white-egg clean legged cuckoo marans. It still took a ton of hatching and lots of culls I had to give away. Turns out my lav ams were not completely dominant for pea comb
roll.png
Stupid me- I should have kept some of them and could have used them for lav cuckoo orps or something.

Quote:
I don't think so. I am waiting to see what I get out of my own second set of eggs due the 15th.
I might have some juveniles available in a couple months.

This would be tempting if I wasn't trying too hard to get some other eggs already!

Back
Top Bottom