Prolapse? EMERGENCY. NEED HELP AS SOON AS POSSIBLE (Pictures)

She's eating and drinking, there's a good amount of oystershells in her food (but maybe i should give them seperately). She prolapsed again but she's walking around like nothing happened. The end of her comb is very pale... I'm gonna take some coconut oil + gloves and push it back in and give her plenty of rest in the dark

20230810_093734.jpg

Only a few minutes after i pushed it back in

I use my own egg shells and turn them into powder with a coffee grinder. Give her a magnesium bath. Ratio of 1 cup of plain epsom salt to one gallon of water . I also use organic coconut oil and put some into her vent. I also did apple juice a small amount of magnesium and powdered eggshell via syringe (put small drops on the outside of her beak) it's important she stays warm. I used a space heater to warm the air around us and a heating pad

We give up, she prolapsed again and its incredibly bloody and barely hanging on. So we're gonna let her free range one last time and then end it for her.

I have had a couple of hens prolapse over the years. I looked the condition up on the internet and followed instructions and they did always recur with both hens. I finally did have to put them down after a few stressful days of trying to fix the condition. Maybe someone has some suggestions that I don't know about?

Back
Top Bottom