Prolapsed oviduct?! I JUST REMOVED IT!

I would advise not to just cut or take things off on a chicken. This doesn't look like a lash egg. It looks like a tumor. Not sure what her insides now look like but the prognosis is grim.

I would advise not to just cut or take things off on a chicken. This doesn't look like a lash egg. It looks like a tumor. Not sure what her insides now look like but the prognosis is grim.
Wait seriously? Both her and her sister have something wrong with their bum for a few weeks now. They are acting so normal. I’ll post a photo and video link. I’m posting in a different thread too: https://www.backyardchickens.com/articles/what’s-wrong-with-her-bum.78002/

Video:

A few weeks?
When was the last time they each laid a normal egg?
How old are they?
Are they your only 2 chickens?
What exactly do you feed each day?

We have a small flock. There’s one other hen (not a sister) and a rooster. All three lay but the one that is not sick keeps eating all the eggs. (That’s going to have to be a different post I guess. Whew.) But they seem to lay daily and neither are egg bound. They both are bright and energetic. No other symptoms. Breathing seems fine. Skin and face look healthy. It’s just the toosh. Oh and they are both young. Surely less than two years.

We have a small flock. There’s one other hen (not a sister) and a rooster. All three lay but the one that is not sick keeps eating all the eggs. (That’s going to have to be a different post I guess. Whew.) But they seem to lay daily and neither are egg bound. They both are bright and energetic. No other symptoms. Breathing seems fine. Skin and face look healthy. It’s just the toosh. Oh and they are both young. Surely less than two years.
What do you feed them each day?

Back
Top Bottom